Chapter 5: Duels and Three-Headed Dogs.

Despite,  constant Y/N's warnings, Harry and Ron were inclined on pushing their luck that day. She kept telling them repeatedly, that they would fall in trouble, but, no, they refused to listen. Hermione felt bad for the girl. All she was trying to do was to convince those thick-headed idiots to not fall into Malfoy's trap, but they didn't even pay attention to what she said.

Even Harry surprisingly seemed adamant on beating Malfoy, without even knowing any curses or jinxes. All evening, Ron kept on giving him advice such as  'If he tries to curse you, you'd better dodge it, because I can't remember how to block them'.

She walked upto an angry Y/N, sitting on the couch away from her two friends, and the 'Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2' opened on her lap.

"They didn't listen, did they?" Hermione asked, sitting beside her, opening her a book of her own.

"No- They're a bunch of idiots. Of course they didn't listen."

Hermione looked at the two boys, who looked as if they were discussing some super secret, muttering something to each other.

"I've got a plan, if you're up for it." She then said, causing Y/N to whip her head towards her. 

                              ***

When it was finally half-past eleven, Ron and Harry snuck out of the common room, only to find Y/N and Hermione, arms crossed, standing in front of them.

"I can't believe you're going to do this, Harry!" Hermione said.

Ron made a face, "You two! Go back to bed!"

"No." Y/N stated. "We're not going anywhere. You two, on the other hand, will be going inside the common rooms, into your dormitories."

"No, we're not!" Ron hissed.

"I almost told your brother- Percy, he could've stopped this!" Hermione said.

Ron paled, but Harry decided to ignore them, "Come on." He said, walking past them.

But Y/N and Hermione weren't going to give up that easily. They followed them.

"Don't you care about Gryffindor?! do you only care about yourselves?! I don't want Slytherin to win the House Cup and you'll lose all the points I got from Professor McGonagall for knowing about Switching Spells." Hermione stated.

"Go away!" Ron said.

"Fine!" Hermione said at the same time Y/N said, "No!"

They shared a look and then Hermione said, "All right, but I warned you, you just remember what I said, when you're on the train home tomorrow, you're so-"

She turned to see the Fat Lady gone.

"Oh no! What am I going to do?"

"That's your problem- We're going to be la-" Ron said but was hit on the head by Y/N.

"We're coming with you." She said.

Ron groaned and grabbing Harry's wrist, he walked away. They hadn't even reached the end of the corridor that Y/N and Hermione caught upto them.

"Go away!"

"Do you really think we're so stupid to just stand outside the common room and wait for Filch to catch us?" Y/N commented.

"If he finds the four of us, I'm telling him the truth-" Hermione said.

"You've got some nerve-" Ron began, but Harry exclaimed, "Shut up you two!"

"Did you hear that?" Y/N looked at Harry, who nodded, as they moved forward slowly.

"Mrs. Norris?" Ron inquired.