Chapter 21: The End of an Adventure.

Harry made his way down to the end-of-year feast alone that night. He had been held up by Madam Pomfrey's fussing-about, insisting on giving him one last check-up, so it took him some time to arrive. But, he wasn't late, because, half of the hall was still empty.

It was decked out in the Slytherin colours of green and silver to celebrate Slytherin's winning the House Cup for the seventh year in a row. A huge banner showing the Slytherin serpent covered the wall behind the High Table.

When Harry walked in there was a sudden hush and then, everybody started talking loudly at once.

He slipped into a seat beside Y/N, who was reading the story book Hermione had given her for Christmas, at the Gryffindor table and tried to ignore the fact that people were standing up to look at him.

"Hey, where's Ron and Hermione?"

"I don't know- Hermione was reading, the last time I saw her and Ron.. I have no idea." She turned to him, closing her book.

"You're looking better."

"Thanks.. I feel better, too."

She gave him a nod. An awkward silence, followed. But, she soon noticed the handsomely-covered leather book Harry kept beside his pumpkin juice.

"What's that?"

"Oh.. Hagrid gave me this." He opened the book and pushed it towards her.

It was full of wizard photographs. Smiling and waving at them, from every page were Harry's mother and father.

Something swirled in the pit of her stomach and she smiled sadly, "You look like your father."

He smiled too, "Yeah."

"They must've been great people. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

But, it is.

He closed the book and looked a bit hesitant, "Can.. I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Haven't you ever wondered about your parents?"

Y/N tensed, "Sometimes." She looked down, feeling a bit emotional, "I've seen my parents, before."

"And? They look any similar?" Harry grinned cheekily.

She chuckled, "I look like my mum."

"She must've been beautiful, then."

Y/N laughed, "She was."

"And, your dad?"

Her smile faded a bit, "He.. uh, wasn't a good person. I mean, I heard, he wasn't- he wasn't.. um, nice."

She wasn't technically lying.

Harry didn't get fazed, but nodded understandingly, "It's okay. I'm sure it doesn't matter. You're nothing like him, then."

".. Thanks, Harry." The surprise changed to happiness. Harry was glad to see her smiling.

Ron and Hermione quickly took their seats opposite to them.

"Sorry, I fell asleep." said Ron.

"I got caught up, reading." Hermione joined in. "But, nevermind that, how are you Harry?"

"I'm doing great."

"Attention, all students!" Dumbledore's voice boomed in the hall, as the chattering came to a stop.

"Another year gone! And I must
trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were.. you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts.."