Chapter 11: Gryffindor V.S. Hufflepuff.

“Is that Dumbledore?” Y/N asked Harry as they flew side by side, onto the pitch.

Harry’s eyes fell onto the familiar figure she was staring at and he mentally sighed in relief. She was right. There was no mistaking that silver beard. With Dumbledore there, he was safe. There was simply no way that Snape would dare to try and hurt him if Dumbledore was watching.

Perhaps that was why Snape was looking so angry as the teams marched on to the pitch, something that Ron noticed, too.

“I’ve never seen Snape look so mean-” Ron told Hermione,when somebody poked him in the back of the head, “-Ouch!”

It was Malfoy.

“Oh, sorry, Weasley, didn’t see you there.” Malfoy grinned broadly at Crabbe and Goyle. “Wonder how long Potter’s going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want a bet? What about you, Weasley?”

But Ron didn’t answer as he and Hermione’s gaze were fixed onto Harry and Y/N on the pitch.

Y/N had barely ducked from the incoming Bludger, when Angelina passed her the Quaffle.

Being the youngest Chaser in the history of Hogwarts was definitely not easy. She rushed towards the goalposts, Lee Jordan’s commentary booming across the huge pitch, her adrenaline rushing and the wind blowing her hair.

“Aaaaand- Angelina Johnson passes the Quaffle to reserve Chaser and newcomer, Y/N Weasley! Weasley moving fast with Quaffle in possession but Preece and Applebee gaining quickly on her! Weasley in trouble- a moment of panic.. but she shoots- OOOOH! AND SHE SCORES!”

The Gryffindor stand erupted in cheers. Angelina and Katie patted Y/N on the back whose face was flushed and held a sign of surprise- she couldn’t believe she actually scored. And on her first match. Harry looked down, momentarily from his hawk-like-search of the snitch and smiled proudly at his friend.

Without even realising it, the H/C-haired girl had caught the grey eyes of the third year Hufflepuff seeker. Hermione and Ron jumped in their seats, mouth stretched into wide smiles as they clapped proudly.

“That’s my sister!” Even Percy exclaimed in the stands, causing a few to turn to him.

The match continued- Snape soon awarded a Hufflepuff a penalty because George Weasley had hit a Bludger at him. Ron and Hermione who had all her fingers crossed in her lap, were squinting fixedly at Harry and Y/N.

“You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?” said Malfoy loudly a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all. “It’s people they feel sorry for. See, there’s Potter, who’s got no parents, then there’s the Weasleys, who’ve got no money– you should be on the team, Longbottom, you’ve got no brains.”

Neville went bright red but turned in his seat to face Malfoy. “I’m worth twelve of you, Malfoy,” he stammered.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle howled with laughter, but Ron, still not daring to take his eyes from the game, said, “You tell him, Neville.”

“Longbottom, if brains were gold you’d be poorer than Weasley, and that’s saying something-”

Ron’s nerves were already stretched to breaking point with anxiety about Harry and his sister. “I’m warning you, Malfoy, one more word–”

“Ron!” said Hermione suddenly. “Harry–!”

“What? Where?”

Harry had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. Y/N looked at Harry as he streaked towards the ground like a bullet.