Chapter 4 - Topic (I)

Saturday morning, Mrs Kim wake up as early as always for morning exercise at the nearest park. She's warming up to avoid any injury during exercise, she's about to start her gear to jog and her neighbors come approach her, disturb her run.

"Mrs Kim good morning" said Mrs Lee and Mrs Lim. "Good morning Mrs Lee and Mrs Lim" Mrs Kim return their greet. "Sorry to disturb you but have you heard about current rumour that happens in our neighborhood?" asked Mrs Lim. "No, I didn't. What happens? Does someone house being intruded?" asked Mrs Kim back.

"No, it's much more shocking than that" said Mrs Lim and poke at Mrs Lee hand. "Few days ago I saw it with my own two eyes that two girls kissed at our house intersection but I can't see clearly because it was too dark and their face covered by a doll" said Mrs Lee telling her hot story. "How you know it's a girl when it was dark?" asked Mrs Kim curious.

"Aigoo, even if it was dark i can see their figure. Long hair, slender body, boobs, how come it was a man? Nowadays no man is keep their hair long" add Mrs Lee. "That's right. I wonder who are they? Have they have no shame? Kissing in public and top of it, girl and girl? Aigoo it so gross, I can't imagine if my daughter like that but luckily they not like those weird people" said Mrs Lim showing her agreement.

"Yeah so gross, I don't understand young people nowadays. Talk about love equality, love win, same sex marriage. I think they have some brain problem for against nature like that, how they can take care of each other when both are girl? How can they think about having family when they can't pregnant and having their legacy carry on? They even said that being with a girl is better than being with a guy and how happy they were" said Mrs Lee give her opinions about gay people and Mrs Lim agree with everything that Mrs Lee said.

"They found their happiness in the same way we found happiness with our husband. Just because they're gay doesn't mean they different with us, they same with us, eat, sleep, laugh, cry. Love is a mysterious things that we never can understand but beautiful" Mrs Kim, Mrs Lee and Mrs Lim shock at sudden interrupt from Mrs Kwon who come from nowhere and just walk away as if nothing happens.

Mrs Lee and Mrs Lim start murmuring after Mrs Kwon go. People in this neighborhood knew that Mrs Kwon son also same with those people, he had same sex marriage at USA 10 year ago.

"Do you think those girl from here? Maybe they just come here to avoid people who recognize them" said Mrs Kim and look at Mrs Lee followed with Mrs Lim. "One of them is live here because I saw it when they parted away. That girl walked towards Mrs Kim area and vanish from my eyes and another one leave with a scooter, maybe she left after that girl enter her house" answered Mrs Lee.

"I don't want to accuse but since that girl is walked in your area, you should monitor Jennie since you're a single mother and have to work. You don't know what she's been doing" said Mrs Lim worried about Mrs Kim situation. "Aigoo..i don't think it's Jennie because that girl stand so long watching her girlfriend leave. Mrs Kim house is not that far from mine" said Mrs Lee explain to Mrs Lim.

"Thanks for your concerns but I also don't think it's my daughter because she have a boyfriend right now and even though I'm busy with work i still have time for Jennie" answer Mrs Kim to get rid of their suspicious towards her daughter. They nodding believing what Mrs Kim told because they knew Jennie is pretty and nice person, she wouldn't go against nature like that, there's no way Kim Jennie is gay.

Mrs Kim returned home after exercise and cook for breakfast after cleaning herself. "Jennie breakfast is ready" shouted Mrs Kim. Few minutes later Jennie come down to the table and eat breakfast with her mother. Mrs Kim watching her daughter eating peacefully "you look more fluffy, are you happy about something?" Jennie choked when hearing her mom statement and hurry drink water to clear her throat.

"Mom! Don't tease me like that, I'm not fat. Why you same like" Jennie stopped realized she almost said Lisa name. "Like?" Mrs Kim look at her. "Like my friends, they also said the same thing" Jennie avoiding her mom eyes and continue eating.

"Maybe because we noticed that you have been feeling extra happy lately" said Mrs Kim. "Of course I'm happy. I've been accepted to work with XYZ THEATER, I don't have to worry about finding job after graduate" explain Jennie. "I see.. Well you do look excited when you got accepted but that doesn't mean you shouldn't worry. If you gain weight too much maybe they won't give you any role, even worse kick you out" tease Mrs Kim.

"Auch, you don't have to be that harsh with me mom. And I'm not that fat" Jennie checking her body and Mrs Kim giggle seeing her daughter action. "Jennie can you be honest with me?" Jennie feel the colour drain from her face and her heart start pounds fast, wondering why her mother suddenly serious.

Jennie mind running wild thinking if her mother know anything about her relationship and nodding slowly. "Are you dating someone right now because 3 day ago I heard you said something romantic for someone" Jennie gulp heavy. "Whi-which part you hear?" asked Jennie curious and holding her hands.