Company Benefits

Começar do início

“Ooohhhh” the five girls said in unison, although Soojin still maintained her suspicious glare.

“Is it just last night unnie?” Yuqi jokingly asked her elder member. “We wouldn’t know if you swam for every night since oppa came here.”

“Ya, you’re just hungry. You haven’t eaten right? I’ll cook,” offered Minnie, cheering everyone up.

“Oh but you’re coming with me.” Minnie then proceeded to pull Yuqi by the ear as they both went towards the kitchen, Yuqi’s orange hair flared as they disappeared.

“Sounds like a bribe to me,” said Soyeon, smiling widely.

---

Soojin sat notably far from Y/N once Minnie and Yuqi managed to finish preparing their breakfast. During the course of the meal, Yuqi repeatedly teased Minnie and Y/N regarding their ‘special night out’. Shuhua and Soyeon went to comment on Minnie’s ‘hidden naughtiness’ and Miyeon went to tease Y/N, telling him that ‘I didn’t know you were that type’. Throughout the entire meal, Y/N could not do anything but supress all the things the girls were throwing out towards him, especially Soojin’s momentary glares whenever he caught her staring at him. Fortunately, the teasing turned down when Minnie admitted that she regularly went to swimming during night time as a form of routine, and carefully insisted that their meeting was pure fate. Shortly after they finished eating, Y/N’s phone rang.

“Hello sunbae.”

“Y/N, please come someone from the higher ups asked you to go to the garage after breakfast. A staff member would be waiting for you at the lobby to accompany you.”

Higher ups, he thought to himself.

“They say it’s a work perk,” Manager Lee continued.

“What did I do to deserve a work perk?”

“I don’t know. Come down here after your breakfast. I’m hanging up. Say hi to the girls for me.”

After bidding goodbye to the girls for a bit and explaining them the situation (much to Yuqi and Soyeon’s delight), Y/N exited the dorm and went far below, towards the lobby of the building where a man wearing a black jacket, a pair of red trousers, and a white collar paired with black loafers.  He bowed and greeted Y/N with a smile, silently calling him sir much to Y/N’s confusion. He followed the man towards the company’s garage and directed him towards a black Mercedes-Benz.

 He followed the man towards the company’s garage and directed him towards a black Mercedes-Benz

“Your father gave this to you, sir. He asked me to lead you to it,” the man informed.

“So this is the company perk sunbae was talking about?”

“Apparently yes sir. Only a few people know of your true heritage in this company,” he said as he rummaged through the pockets of his suit and finally taking out a pair of keys. “Mr Kim would like you to check the car’s compartment.”

“Is there anything else he wanted to say to me?”

“He wishes you to enjoy, sir.”

“Thank you for working hard.” Y/N told him, bowing out of respect.

With that, the man parted and Y/N went inside the CLK. He opened the car’s compartment and a small envelope was there. Upon opening it, it was indeed a note from his father with his own handwriting.

We have a small family gathering at Busan. The address and time is at the back of this paper. If you’re free, go there. Use the car and consider it yours as a work perk from your BOSS.

-Dad

Look at my old man, he thought to himself. He could easily just texted me instead of letting me descend all the way down the parking lot. He even called himself my boss. He’s so annoying!

He locked the car as he walked away from it, with the image of his father laughing before him appearing on his mind.

So annoying!

Seven hours later, after (G) I-dle finished doing their additional photo shoots for promotion in the afternoon, Y/N went back to their dorm way ahead of the other girls to change clothes. He wore a white shirt, a pair of khaki shorts, sneakers, and topped with a reversed red cap. He started to slowly go towards the parking lot, informing Manager Lee of his father’s invitation and his intention to go. He managed to see a few people he worked with, and they casually noted his change of clothes. He silently went past them and beyond, finally reaching the parking lot where his black Benz was parked, staring towards the wall.

He clicked the remote and with a small beep the car unlocked. He went inside the driver’s seat, and threw his cap at the backseat before casually admiring the sheer beauty of the car’s interior. He closed the door, and if it wasn’t for the bright lights of the lot, it would nearly impossible for him to see because of the intensity of the car’s black window tints.

Why did he choose black? It looks like an FBI car or something. I can’t even fucking see through these windows.
He started the car and the internal lights lining the car’s gauges, stereo, and dashboard roared to life, illuminating the rest of the interior. He placed his seatbelt, but through his rear-view mirror he saw a figure walk around the back of his car, but due to the tint he could not make up who the figure was. It gently walked towards the car’s right side before opening the car’s passenger doors. A girl with wavy hair, cut bangs wearing sheared denim shorts, a red crop top, and ankle-high boots with heels entered his car, with her milky leg finding its way first. Soon enough, Soojin was with him inside his new car. She closed the door and casually buckled the seatbelt. Y/N stared at her face for a few moments, awfully dumbstruck by the pretty face before him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Drive,” she replied without another glace towards him.

“Soojin I-“

“Drive,” She said, this time returning Y/N a sharp gaze, her red lips forming a dangerous frown.

Y/N simply gulped and nodded. He set the car’s stick to reverse as the engines blared through the silence of the two people until they exited CUBE Entertainment’s parking lot.

 He set the car’s stick to reverse as the engines blared through the silence of the two people until they exited CUBE Entertainment’s parking lot