Chapter 6: Food and Flirting

Walking back to her seat, Kaya could already hear the whispers of the students surrounding her, and she was sure Masato heard them too.

"Noisy, aren't they?"

"Totally!"

"Chattering on and on..."

"How annoying..."

Kaya sighed and sank further into her desk. These people wanted to be idols? They seemed more like tabloid journalists, with how quick they were to start gossiping. No way you could charm people with crappy attitudes like that.

Suddenly, with the snap of someone's fingers, the curtains fell closed and the lights turned off. Colored spotlights danced across the ceiling. 'Why is this school so extra? ...Oh yeah, Zany Mc Whack-a-Mole runs this place.'

"Good morning-pu!"

A pair of spotlights landed on the one and only Tsukimiya Ringo. Kaya sat up straighter. She wanted to make a good first impression, after all.

"Okay, okay, everyone, take your seats!"

Kaya was stunned when she noticed that Nanami sat just one seat in front of her and one seat to the right. The class was abuzz with excitement over the celebrity's appearance.

"Tsukimiya Ringo!"

"What a superstar idol!"

"Cute!"

Ringo seemed to swell with pride at the praise, nodding along at their comments, and posed cutely at the class.

"I'm the very picture of a maiden, Tsukimiya Ringo! I'm in charge of A class here! Call me Ringo-sensei! It's a pleasure to meet you!" The spotlights changed into multicolored apples and scattered around the room as the lights came back on. Shining could learn a thing or two from this guy. His movements were much more appealing and didn't make Kaya want to smash her head against a brick wall. She perked up as she heard a conversation in front of her.

"Even right in front of us, you can't tell he's a man, you know?!" Oh boy.

"Ehhhhh?! That person is a man?!" Ways to piss off Ringo 101. Immediately, a pair of hands slammed onto the poor girl's desk. Kaya Had to hold her hand over her mouth to hide her amusement. She felt bad for the poor girl, but Ringo's reaction time was comedically quick.

"You haven't heard of Tsukimiya Ringo?! You need impact to be a hit on TV! Isn't that common sense?!" with a 'humph!' he stood back up and turned back to the front of the class, leaving poor haruka shocked. Looks like Ringo found out which student he was going to pick on. Tomo, Kaya couldn't remember her full name, looked at Haruka in disbelief.

"You really didn't know him?"

"Actually...We don't have a TV in our house..."

"Huh?! Does your family live in a cave?!"

Kaya couldn't help letting out a small giggle at that, not really expecting anyone to hear. She started doodling in her notebook, having heard all of this before. She drew a tall boy with somewhat spiky hair and sharp eyes, holding a young, quiet and timid looking girl with long dark hair tied into a braid, and dark eyes. ......It was bittersweet. She was so engrossed in what she was doing, she failed to notice that her laugh had gained the attention of a certain composer, who studied her expression with curious eyes.

She wondered why that girl looked so...lost.

After homeroom had ended, Kaya immediately stood up and trotted over to Masato, who was, at this point, her only friend. She could only hope she wasn't being too clingy.