Chapter 2: The Shattering

Kaya walked out of the academy feeling more or less confident. The questions were almost exactly what she studied, although some of them were...strange. She knew that the principal of the school was, well, eccentric, to put it kindly...but some of those questions were just bizarre.

Shaking her head, she began the trek home. Kaya always made sure not to get too close to the big crowds, but this time, she somehow found herself right in the middle of one. She sighed as she waited at the crosswalk for the light to turn green. There were too many people around...
Then it happened. Kaya felt a sudden jolt against her shoulder, and she stumbled forward, trying to regain her balance, before tripping over a rock. She fell to the pavement with a thud. There was a sudden pang in the back of her mind, and it was like a glass wall shattered.

She Remembered.

A girl was sitting in front of the TV. It was dark outside. The TV showed a colorful group of anime boys dancing happily to an upbeat pop song.
A little boy and a little girl were curled in the girl's lap, fast asleep. They always tended to doze off at the same time, so it was no surprise. Another boy, a few years older, was sitting on the floor in front of her, also snoozing away. His glasses were awkwardly pushed against his face. He would absolutely be annoyed by it when he woke up.
A girl who looked no older than eight sat curled up in the lap of a teenage boy in a nearby chair. She was glad that he'd formed such a close bond with her. She seemed to be very wary of everyone before, and he'd been pretty closed off since...

Since what?

All of them were asleep. All but one. The oldest girl. She was watching the screen with rapt attention, even humming along at times. Kaya recognized her, no, she knew her. She knew her name, her hobbies, her likes, her dislikes, she knew everything. This girl, she realized, was her. Memories flashed by like a hurricane, a non stop flow of sounds and images, until she reached the end. Saying goodbye to her family. Heading to the airport. Boarding the plane. The storm. The pilot's warning. Then everything was falling, shaking, flashing.

(Y/N)(L/N) died in a plane crash at age 18.

She wished she could see her family one more time.

People on the street were concernedly calling out to the girl who just had a nasty fall from being pushed by the crowd, but she just stared at the sky dazed. A single tear ran down her cheek. Those were.....memories from her past life? She remembered now. In her past life, Kaya was the oldest of six siblings (four adopted, one by blood) and helped her mother care for them, developing a bit of an overprotective and nurturing personality. She remembered sitting with her siblings by the television.....what were they watching? 'Right....an anime...if i recall, it was called, um, utapri? Right! I used to love that show! I would always go back to the first season when they were all still enrolled in-' as Kaya suddenly came to a realization, the world seemed to freeze. 'S-Saotome....Academy.....no way.'

She looked down at the very official paper in her hand, the one that had been provided to her giving information on when the results will be mailed and such. A very generic and professional paper, with a name that is now simultaneously familiar yet foreign to her printed onto it. Her hands began to shake.

"NO WAY!!" Kaya screamed, startling the crowd around her before suddenly feeling an overwhelming and intense wave of dizziness and nausea, falling over. The last thing she felt before succumbing to the darkness was a pair of arms lifting her.

"It's going to be okay now. Just rest, little angel." She heard a gentle voice call to her. All she could see was a vague silhouette, but the man seemed to have a light green glow around him, almost like magic.

Everything was confusing. Nothing made sense. She missed a family she never even had. But she did have them. But her mother and father were just as much family as they were...who was she? The world felt fake. Which one was real? Were they both real? Her vision was hazy. She was tired. She didn't want to think. She let out a sob, curling into the warmth against her.

Then the world went black.

~~~

Yeet Skeet we going strong!

I managed to get out another chapter today! are you proud of me? no? yeah that's fair.

Guess who Kaya met! I wonder! What a mystery! that angel thing is weird though...

Yeah, idk how i feel about introducing him this early, but it ultimately fits the plot better so :/

In other news Isekai success! we got 'em boys. Also wattpad is still spanish so that's lovely.