Chapter 1: Snowy Beginnings

"Take care sweetie!"

"...I will. I'm...I'm going to do my best. I'm off!"

"See you later! You'll do great."

A girl with black violet hair waved to her mother as she left her home, turning around shortly after to run down the street towards her destination. She wore a long, green coat and a pair of white earmuffs to fend off the cold. She ran past a park, briefly noticing a child that seemed to be lost, and only stopped for a second before continuing on her way. She just barely missed the sight of a girl around her age with short, pink hair approaching the crying girl. Of course, it wouldn't matter to her even if she had seen. Her name was Kaya Takahashi, and she had somewhere to be. Somewhere that would decide her future. She couldn't have known the girl she had passed was going to the same place: Saotome Academy.

Kaya had always been quiet. She never tried to leave her bubble, and nobody really tried to enter. She stayed away from big events and parties. She never really had friends. She wasn't lonely, though. She didn't need friends. She had music. The only time Kaya would ever come into the public eye was for music. She loved to sing. She loved to dance. She loved to string words together to bring a whole new meaning to a moment, a gesture, a feeling. Kaya loved to perform. As long as she could sing, as long as she could dance, she didn't need anything else. She repeated it like a mantra. Maybe someday she would believe it.

And so Kaya reached the academy, the place that held her future in its hands. She timidly approached the gatekeeper, afraid of talking to him. He was tall and intimidating.

"U-Um, excuse me..." she looked down at her shoes, occasionally peeking up at the frightening guard. "Where, um...Where do students go for the, uh, entrance exam?" 'Good job, Kaya. You managed to get through the sentence!' Kaya mentally patted herself on the back.

The guard glanced down at her, indifferent.

"Take a left once you get to the main hall, the testing rooms are in that hallway. The specific room should be on that sheet you got when you applied." He turned back towards the gate, marking the end of the conversation.

"Oh! Uh, thank you!" He waved his hand, shooing her off.

"Yeah, whatever kid."

Normally a response like that would cause Kaya to cave in on herself and retreat to the safety of her room for about a month, but not today. Today she had a mission. She tried her best to appear confident as she walked towards the testing rooms. There were hundreds of students gathered in the hallway, some in groups with friends, some alone like her. Since she really didn't see the point of trying to talk to anybody, she looked around for an organizer to figure out where to go. She eventually saw someone important-looking, walked up to them, and somehow managed to turn in her papers and get her seat number without incident.

After a little bit of waiting, the potential students were called to enter their assigned rooms. Kaya walked in feeling confident. She could do this! She would pave her own path and become an idol who would bring smiles to everyone's faces. She sat down in her chair and waited for the test to start. As the tests were being passed out though, a redhead burst into the room, panting heavily.

"Sorry! I was helping a friend find their way!" He said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck with one hand and holding up his seat number with the other. The test proctor sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Just sit down..."

"Ehehe...."

And with that small interruption out of the way, the test began. Kaya was ready.

~~~

CHAPTER ONE BOYZZZZ!

I wanted to make it longer, but I'm also impatient, so-

here it is. To be clear, Kaya does not yet have isekai memories and is still a background character. Literally. I actually took a screenshot of the classes from episode one, found a background character I liked, and turned her into our lovely protagonist.

also wattpad won't stop being spanish and I cant read it and it won't turn back to english no matter how hard I try please send help