Chapter 4: School is in Session

"MOOOOM! The Mail Came! My letter came in!" Kaya excitedly rushed into the kitchen, practically vibrating. Her mother chuckled at her behavior. It was a shock at first, that quiet, timid Kaya suddenly transformed into a bright and responsible girl that seemed perfectly comfortable taking matters into her own hands, but her parents saw it as her finally coming out of her shell and stepping into the role of an idol. She was still somewhat awkward talking to strangers, and was fairly quiet in public, but there was a certain spark of motivation in her eyes. The distance that she had suddenly placed between herself and her parents was a bit worrying, but they are hoping that it's just part of her developing independence.

Her mother ruffled Kaya's hair as she bounced into the kitchen, causing her to pout slightly. Her mood was only dampened for a moment though, as she excitedly held up the letter so her mother could see.

"My letter came in! I'm gonna learn whether or not I was accepted!" Ther face fell as she comprehended her words and the implications began to sink in, "Oh no, I'm gonna find out whether or not I was accepted. What if I'm not accepted...!" As Kaya panicked, her mother took the letter from her gently.

"Oh? Well if you don't wanna open it....I guess I will...."

"Ah! No! Let me open it!" she looked up at her mother with big eyes.

"Okay then, if you're sure..." Her mother said teasingly while handing the envelope back. Kaya playfully stuck her tongue out at her in response, and broke the envelope's seal.

"Dear Miss Takahashi," she read aloud, "we are pleased to inform you that you have been...accepted into Saotome Academy! I did it! Mom, I made it in! I can't believe it!" Her mother watched fondly as she bounced excitedly around the room. To be honest, she had her doubts when her quiet, timid daughter said that she wanted to be an idol, but now she could see that her worries were unfounded. The way she shone when she smiled was truly enrapturing. She had an almost otherworldly air around her.

"I'm gonna go upstairs to devise a game plan!"

And she was gone. Kaya sure was enthusiastic about this whole idol business.

"WOO!"

=+=

It's spring! And spring meant finally starting class at Saotome Academy. It also marked the beginning of the rise of Starish, or more specifically, the rise of Nanami Haruka. Kaya approached the gate, eyes sparkling. It had taken a while to leave the house, mostly because of her dad clinging to her and crying, but she was here, and she was ready.

It was odd. One part of her was in awe of the campus, having dreamed of stepping foot on it as a student for years, and the other was in complete disbelief, having never expected to see the building anywhere outside of a screen. It had been a while, and she'd come to the conclusion that despite the new memories, she was just as much Kaya as she was (Y/n). She was still...herself, whoever that was. Most importantly though, she still had her dream.

She just had a few extra memories to help support it.

With her goal freshly in her mind, she followed the other students to a board that gave class placements, and immediately looked down the class A list, praying her name was somewhere on there. She wasn't so overconfident to believe she got S class. She almost cried out in joy when she saw her name on that list. It still kinda felt like she was cosplaying more so than wearing a uniform, but seeing the name Nanami Haruka just a couple names above hers really brought the reality of the situation closer.

The story was starting. Kaya always knew, but it kinda scared her now that it was actually happening. If the plot played out normally, there was a slim to none chance of her graduating. She hoped she could at least befriend some of the cast before then, and maybe learn enough from the academy to debut with another agency perhaps.

Having made up her mind, Kaya nodded to herself before walking towards the large stage for orientation. She looked around, but couldn't really see any of the cast. Really though, how hard can it be to find people that colorful! Very, apparently. Giving up for now, she chose a random seat and waited for the Shining Menace to come and harass everyone.

Hooray.

~~~

Two chapters in one day! I'm on Fire!

Wattpad is still in spanish, but I'm really happy with how the plot is going so far. I know not many people are reading this story right now, but I'm just happy that I'm getting this far in a story. I haven't really gotten this far before except for my Ouran fic, and I was sick when i wrote that so I was bored, and that was a whole YEAR ago. it feels good to write again.

Next chapter we're probably going to meet some idols, all of which i have dumb nicknames for and starting this chapter i will put one dumb name per chapter down here

Today's dumb nickname is: Oatmeal! (Otoya)

Yeah, I've already used it but there will be new ones later so :/