Chapter 120: Closure

The loud, tortured groans of pain escaping the blur's mouth made her scream herself, her blue eyes widening in horror as the blurry outline of a hooded man pushing another off the edge caused her to lose her balance and fall on her backside.

The current view glitched and faded into a horrifying sight of a drowning man; suffocated by thick layers of chains. She aimlessly tried to get her hands on him, so she could help— but her arms just went through the man's body as if she was invisible.

Yet, even at the midst of her struggling, she found the most terrifying, heart stopping sight of all.

The hopeless look in Aiden's closing eyes.
...

"Elsa, wake up!"

Her head bolted up right once her husband stared right back at her, his hands placed on her sides, evidence that he was shaking her to wake her up. She backed away from him, fear written across her features. She cupped her husband's face between her hands, a soft, breathless pant escaping her mouth.

Aiden took her hands from the sides of his face and held it tightly, "Snowflake, are you alright? Please say something, anything. Can you breathe well?"

Elsa looked away from him, biting her lip to refrain crying furthermore. Small drops of tears prickled the corner of her eyes, her arms folding firmly in refusal to answer his question.

"Elsa?"

"Y-yes. I can breathe well. But sleep?" She seethed, "No."

Aiden's eyes avoided in making contact with her own, the awkward, deafening silence keeping the air of tension between them strong. "B-bad dream?" He stuttered.

She still didn't answer. She held up a hand to her mouth to force down a sob, her right foot tapping against the floor.

She sucked in a breath and began, "Tell me. Tell me how I almost lost you again, Aiden. Just tell me..."

Her voice was barely a whisper. It hurts, really bad, when he sees her like this. Crying because of him, shivering, trembling, whimpering. Her heavy breaths being ripped out of her throat; that horrible swell in her chest, she hates it all.

"At least, you have the opportunity to save me when I was dying myself..." She murmured, but a sob interrupted her sentence. Aiden wanted to console her, he really does, but he can't. Not right now. Not when she's mad, at him, no less.

"But me?" She sniffled. She balled her fists to refrain freezing the bed, "No matter how hard, how long I cry... For hours, for days... I don't get a single chance to save you."

"Elsa-"

"No! Let me speak," She cried, "How could you accept the fact that I almost lost you!"

"I don't accept-"

"Why are you always so willing of letting everything go? Why are you always willing to let me go?"

Another body crashing against hers interrupted her rant, the ice queen suddenly finding herself wrapped around her soulmate's arms.

A shaky wail reached her ear.

"I'm so sorry."

Elsa whimpered and shuts her eyes, her hand finding its way through his hair, her other one pulling his collar just to make sure he'd stay close just like this.

"I told you to don't let me go..." She sobbed, holding on to his hair tighter. Aiden winced slightly at her harsh grip, feeling an icy sensation crawling to his scalp. She gritted her teeth; her cries beginning to waver in the sea of distress.