𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Beginne am Anfang

Throughout it all Yoongi was shouting orders on what moves to do next, or to whom to pass the ball.

With whatever team he was assigned, he always had a sharp eye on whoever had the ball, and followed its route to try and block it or clear the way for his teammates.

"Pass it to William! Okay, watch out the other team's gonna get it!" he shouted across from the court.

Suddenly he had the ball, running past all of his rivals to pass it to another teammate closer to the net. While blocking his opponents, he assured it was all clear to shoot the ball in.

His teammate successfully shot through the hoop, quickly giving Yoongi a high five before returning back to their side of the court.

"Nice job!" Yoongi gave his teammate a smile who scored for them.

While switching up teams, Yoongi internally groaned as he noticed he was competing against Chul.

Obviously he had played against Chul before, but it was always so aggressive with him.

Even when the coach warned him to not be as aggressive with his teammates, he barely listened and shoved his opponents quite often during practice.

No one particularly benefited from being on his team either, aside from his skillful techniques.
His rude personality and short temper always got underneath everyone's skin, but they had learned to deal with it over the years.

Shouting orders at his teammates to avoid Chul's sharp movements, Yoongi did his best to get out from behind Chul's constant body blocking.

Quickly dribbling the ball and throw passing it to someone across the court, Yoongi ran over to the other side with Chul right behind him.

Suddenly, he felt someone step on his shoe's heel, causing his face to meet the cold, gym floor.

sh*t, Yoongi thought

Hastily getting up as quickly as he had fallen down, he continued to make his way over to where the ball was.

When he turned around, he noticed that Chul was smirking at him while quickly making his way back over to his teammates.

The game carried on like that for a while, until they reluctantly switched up the teams.

Jungkook mouthed to Yoongi a small, 'Thank god', since he was one of the unlucky few to be on the same side as Chul.

••••

A couple hours later, after all the practice games, and various strenghtening exercises and lectures on how to improve technique, it finally ended with their team chant and all giving each other high fives.

"Hey, good job everyone! You all worked really hard today, go home and get some rest," Yoongi said to his teammates giving them a small thumbs up and a reassuring smile.

They all returned warm smiles back to him, which is something he loved about being a team captain.

Even with negative and obnoxious team members like Chul, Yoongi always made sure to overpower his pessimistic personality by radiating good vibes to everyone on their team.

Because Yoongi knew how annoying and irritating people like Chul could get, so he made sure Chul wouldn't ruin the others' team experience with his prissy attitude.

"Hey Yoongi," Chul said while giving him a shove, "I notice your kinda rusty on your dribbling, I'll be glad to give you a few pointers," he said in a rather sarcastic voice with a smirk.

"I'm fine, thanks," Yoongi responded sharply while shutting his locker door and going out to meet Jungkook by the doors.

"Jeez, Chul's the worst. How do you always deal with him?" Jungkook asked with an annoyed expression.

"Honestly, I don't even know at this point."

••••

Yoongi waved a bye to Jungkook as he watched him enter the house before driving off.

His whole body was limp from the tiresome practice, not to mention the stress induced by Chul's constant bugging.

Honestly, Yoongi didn't care much that Chul bothered him a lot. Yes, it was annoying and got on his nerves at times, but it was even more infuriating when Chul was rude to his other teammates.

Yoongi just couldn't wrap his head around as to why some people acted so rudely as they did, and he felt bad for the innocent people on his team who had to deal with it as well.

That's why Yoongi always made sure to give comforting words of wisdom after every game and practice, or even went as affectionate as hugging even they did exceptionally well.

Nothing was better to him than seeing a group of smiling faces look up to him after every time they met up, as it gave Yoongi confidence that maybe he was a good leader.

And he knew how much joy basketball gave him, so he wasn't going to let someone else ruin it for others.

🍓Thank you so much for reading this chapter and continuing to support me <3

🍓Also, I just wanted to say a big thank you to 100 reads, I don't deserve it at all 💖

🍓Editor/assistant: Jimnie_cricket_