Chapter 7: A New Years Kiss

This is gonna be a long one...

Tonight was finally the night of the New Years Party and I had been heavily anticipating it since Damien invited me. I had bought a brand new all white dress just for tonight. I felt like Juliet just before meeting Romeo, even if that sounds super sappy. I nervously watched myself in my small vanity desk I bought a few months ago. My phone was propped up in the middle of the desk as I face-timed Courtney who wasn't even dressed yet.

"I'm just saying, you in all white and showing off all your curves like that is gonna catch his attention in no time!" She said not even looking up from her Nintendo Switch.

"Well I don't know... Red still would have been more eye catching" I muttered brushing my hair out for the twentieth time.

"That's what you're firery hair is for, girly" She laughed and I rolled my eyes even though she didn't see.

Suddenly I heard a quiet knock at my door and I said a quick good-bye to Courtney before answering the door and seeing Damien standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Ready?" He smiled and I nodded quickly and grabbed a small white clutch that fit mainly my phone and a couple of my debit cards.

"Let's take a quick selfie!" I suddenly spoke and Damien rolled his eye but complied.

I smiled before posting it on Instagram with the caption, "My bestie and I looking fresh one last time this year"

We got into Damien's car and headed towards the Smosh office whilst listening to my Dance playlist on Spotify, me squirming in my seat to almost all of the songs. Traffic was absolute hell in L.A. on most days but specifically tonight because, it seemed everyone in town was out and about. We were about half an hour late to the party as we finally found a spot in the parking lot. I stretched my leg a little as we got out of the car and pulled down my dress a bit before Damian came over to my side of the car and displayed his arm out for me, I giggled and wrapped my arm around his as we made our way inside and upstairs and into the Mythical side of the building which I had never been in. As we stepped inside, Damien leading me, we were instantly greeted by Ian who was standing by the door with a red solo cup in his hand.

" Hey!" He yelled to the mingling guests, "Damien and Kat are here!" Suddenly I saw Courtney rushing out of the crowd. Her blonde hair mildly styled and her t-shirt and jeans swapped out for a matching two piece blue plaid outfit. I gave her a hug and she handed me a fruity smelling cocktail in a solo cup.

 I gave her a hug and she handed me a fruity smelling cocktail in a solo cup