Chapter 2: Who is Smosh?

It's been about a month of living with Damien and it's been nothing but great! We both like the same video games, we're both cat people, and i had shown him some of my YouTube dance videos. That's when he told me about Smosh, the YouTube channel he was on. 

"Damien?" I called after finishing another Try Not to Laugh video. 

"Yes?" He asked coming into my bedroom that was now fully set up through team work. 

"How long have you been apart of smosh? You're not in these videos" I said confused.

"Not very long. Smosh started around the same time YouTube did, with only Ian and his friend Anthony, I started a little after Anthony left" He smiled and sat down on my bed next to me, "Luckily I have an awesome best friend," I cut him off, "Shayne, right?" he nodded.

"Shayne got me my job. We've known each other since we were both on Disney"

"You were on Disney?!" I shouted, "I literally wanted to grow up to be on Shake It Up"

He smiled fondly, "Yeah I was on So Random..."

"Oh... my friends were more into it than I was. But after watching some of your skits on Smosh I can see the connection" I smiled and he nodded before leaving my room, mentioning something about making dinner.

I ended up falling asleep before dinner, listening to lowfi songs on Spotify. When I woke up, turning my phone on and accidentally blinding myself, I saw it was after 8 and Damien was most likely sleeping. I left my room and went into the kitchen. I looked in the fridge and saw a meal in a plastic container with my name literally on it (On a sticky note anyway). I took off the sticky note and microwaved the meal which looked like some sort of hamburger helper... with lots of cheese. I sat at the small round dining table and started eating when I felt the familiar feeling of cat fur on my legs. I looked under the table where Freya was.

"Freya?" I asked quietly to the cat who just looked up at me. Usually, Damien would keep his door closed at night while sleeping, but maybe he forgot.

I looked up and noticed the yellow pooling of light coming from Damien's room. The quiet noise of clicking keyboard keys that my selective hearing didn't pick up until just now. I got up with my heated Tupperware container of food and made my way to the doorway of Damien's room. The brunette man whom I've become good friends with was wearing his glasses and insistently typing away on his computer. Seemingly writing an email maybe?

"Dames?" I asked, grabbing his attention for a moment before he went back to typing.

"Damien" I said walking in and witting behind him on his bed, Zelda then coming up to me, meowing for some human food.

"Zelda," He finally spoke, eyes not leaving the screen, "No begging, you're a better lady than that" As if listening obediently to her father, Zelda made her way farther up the bed.

I smiled softly at the back of his head, "Dames," He ignored my calling of his name again, "Damien," I got up this tie standing behind his I put a hand on his back, "I think you've worked enough tonight" I rubbed his back.

"I'm almost done..." He mumbled and I huffed, deciding this called for drastic measures, "Damien, let's go watch some movies, okay?" He looked up quietly before sighing and taking off his glasses, pinching his nose as he does when he feels the strain he's put on his eyes.

"Yeah... yeah okay" He sighs and gets up stretching. I smiled and quietly took the blanket from his bed and scooted into the living area with it. After putting on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (My favorite) Damien and I snuggled up under the blanket together to watch the movie.

We really only made it through about 15 minutes before we both ended up passing out on the sofa in a mass of limbs, blanket and warmth, Zelda and Freya also joining in at one point.

When I woke up, my phone was dead and Damien had moved to his room in the middle of the night leaving me with only the blanket I stole from his bed. Luckily this wasn't the first time this has happened and I just took the blanket back to my room to charge my phone.

I grabbed my Chromebook and logged into YouTube and Twitter. Ever since moving in with Damien I've gained an insane amount of followers. And even a big following on my You Tube channel that mainly consists of different choreographed dances I've done. I've even been able to set up my dance studio which is only a few blocks away from us and the main reason I've come to L.A.

*Ding* My phone *Ding* Specifically, Instagram...interesting...

I opened my phone and noticed I had a notification from none other than Damien's Co-worker: Courtney Miller.

Co_Mill: Hey!

Co_Mill: I Just wanted to say, I really like what you do. I was wondering if we could meet up sometime and if you could teach me something.... I'll even pay for a private class if needed...