Chapter 3: Courtney

At first I didn't understand how Courtney even knew I existed. So, I asked Damien.

"Dames?" I asked quietly stepping into his room.

Damien was setting up for a live stream for the new Last Of Us and seemed only mildly busy as he played with Zelda who kept trying to play with his keyboard.

"What's up?" He asked standing up from his desk and stretching.

"Did you Uhm... talk about me to any of your coworkers?" I asked still being a bit quiet.

"Yeah! I showed some of your dance vids to Court and Mari, they had nothing but complements to give you" He smiled brightly and I couldn't help but smile back.

I glanced back at my new phone in my hand.

"Why? What's up?" He asked sitting up straight with a look of concern on his face. I showed him the DMs I had from Courtney on Instagram.

"Awe my best girls wanna hang!!" He said excitedly and I cracked a wider smile, "You think she wants to be my friend?"

He looked at me deadpanned, "She keeps nagging me to bring you to the office"

I laughed, "Well thanks for letting me steal your friend"

I finally left his room and made my way back to mine, whilst responding to Courtney's message.

Me: Hey Courtney, sorry i took forever to respond... I'm still super down to teach you somethings if you want. Any particular song you have in mind?

Co_Mill: No worries! And, I'm definitely still down, I don't have any clue on a good song...

Me: Well I've been listening to a lot of Melanie Martinez lately, and I know one songs choreography, so how does that sound?

Co_Mill: Amazing! When would you like to meet?

Me: Are you free tomorrow?

Co_Mill: Yes, Yes I am!

Me: Alrighty I'll send you the address and the time tomorrow morning!

Co_Mill: YAY!! See you then!

The next day, I sent Courtney my studio address, we met up there around 8AM. Courtney has her hair up in a really cute messy pony tail, wearing some usual work out clothes and shoes.

I wore a similar outfit, my hair pulled into two braids

After introducing ourselves and shaking hands I set up "Show and Tell" by Melanie Martinez

"Okay Courtney" I turned to the mirror and looked at her through it as the intro played, " Watch me"

I lifted my hands above my head setting my feet to look limp whilst standing firm, putting in the doll like persona.

As the lyrics started up I swung my upper half back and forth, then moved my hands over my heart and continued the memorized choreography.

As I got to the chorus I looked up at Courtney who looked mesmerized, I smiled softly at the thought and countinued with a quick swing of my hip.

~*~

I was now heavily breathing as the song finished and Courtney clapped for me.

"Holy crap, dude" she smiled wide, "That was super cool!"

I smiled, " So now I'll go half speed and just try to follow along, okay?" She nodded and so I set the song at half speed and we went through it together.When she messed up we would back track and go through the moves slower. I showed her what moves should be more fluid and which moves should be snappy and jolted, "Almost like a shock of electricity" I had said to her and she nodded as she understood.

By the end of an hour and a half Courtney had nailed about half of the song (mainly the chorus) and was super excited. She gave me a hug as we headed to the front door, "Thank you so much, Kat!" I smiled hugging back, "You really should come by the office and meet everyone sometime"

I nodded, "I'll ask Damien"

Just as I said his name, his car pulled up to the curb and Courtney and I said out goodbyes before I got in the passenger seat.

"Good day?" Damien asked.

"Absolutely amazing day!" I exclaimed with a wide smile that he laughed softly at, " Man I wish I had met Courtney earlier she's like the sweetest human"

Damien nodded in agreement and we headed home.

Later that night I got a text from Courtney asking if I wanted to hang out with her and some of the other girls from the office, I instantly agreed and we set up a group chat for us to set up a day and time for all of us to meet up. I smiled to myself before going to bed. I was finally making friends that I would hopefully have for a while.