Chapter 1: Allison

Keep your head up, love. Keep your head up. Don't hide away.

Looking up I realized that my uncle's car was coming to a stop. I pulled my headphones off of my head and looked over at my mother's twin.

"And here we are" he smiled. I moved my eyes back to the window and looked at the relatively normal looking apartments.

"Ready for your new life in the big city?" He asked me. All I responded with was a silent nod.

After parking the car in front of my new apartment building, we both get out and start grabbing box after box from the car. I took one of the smaller boxes labeled 'Office Supplies' and found the second floor knowing my door was 202. I set the box down in front of the door and pulled out my phone. Still no responses.

My new roommate, Allison, hadn't responded to me in a week about me moving in and it worried me extremely. But even with that thought in my head I still knocked on the door.

Suddenly I saw her dyed-almost white, blonde hair with dark brown roots matched with icey gray blue eyes. Allison Moore. She leaned against the door with one of her perfectly shaped eyebrows raised in what looked like irritation. I picked the box back up and smiled.

"Ally!! I texted you... I Uhm. I'm here!" I looked back and saw my uncle coming up with a couple of my suite cases.

"No" she huffed.

I turned back and laughed a little awkwardly, "what? I'm right here. Aren't you gonna let me in?"

"I don't live with strippers!" She growled.

"Well good thing I'm not" I smiled brightly but she kept a frown and a glare.

"Oh yeah just a dancer... right? I know better. If you wanna make money by whoring yourself out, go right ahead. But not in my house!" Her voice got louder and louder to the point of yelling before the door was slammed in my face.

I slowly turned in shock to my uncle before the tears in my eyes caught up with the processing in my head and they slid slowly down my cheeks.

"What the hell" he grumbled leaving the suite cases behind before stomping over back to the door and angrily knocking.

Allison once again opened the door, "who are you?" She snapped.

"Kaitlyn's uncle. Look, you promised her a room here, she sent you money!" He shouted. This is when I noticed a couple from across the hall were watching out their window at the situation. I waved awkwardly and they quickly shut the blinds and I sighed.

As I tuned back in I noticed that my uncle and Allison were at each other's throat before she yelled, "Get off my porch or I'm calling the cops!" It was at this point that I quickly set down my box and grabbed my uncle's arm.

"W-We'll be leaving now" I said quickly and she shut the door once again.

I sighed in irritation and grabbed the box once again. I looked at my uncle who looked absolutely livid.

"What now?" He asked with his arms crossed.

"I-I..." i mumbled quietly.

"Don't you dare say 'I don't know'" he huffed.

"B-But I don't! What am I supposed to do?" I asked loudly.

"Figure it out, Katie!" He yelled' "We're going to unload your things and then I'm going to leave for my appointment with a client," he was chiropractor, "so you have twoish hours to figure it out"

With that he walked back to the car and started unloaded my minimal amount of boxes.

I walked back down to the car and very quietly started moving my boxes to the curb. I could feel the stinging of tears but I wouldn't let them fall. Maybe I could go to my studio and sleep on the floor or in one of the locker rooms that were attached. Classes were supposed to start on Monday anyways. Two days could be enough days to find a new place to stay.

"Alright," my uncle said getting back into his car after we were done, "I'm leaving. Text me if you figure something out"

"Okay" I said quietly.

"I love you, Kid" he smiled.

"I love you too" I smiled fakely.

As he drives away I instantly start to sob. The sheer hopelessness I feel overwhelms me as I sit on the curb and quietly wail into my hands. I could care less about my cheap make up or even the embarrassing situation I've somehow pulled myself into. I was just devastated.

Suddenly there's a hand on my shoulder that I instantly jump from. When I turn my tear soaked face towards the hand I see an EXTREMELY attractive guy with the cutest pout on his face. The blue in his hair is oddly fitting.

I instantly turn away in embarrassment waiting for this guy to tell me to beat it.

"Uhm" I hear a despish voice say before continuing, "Hey. I'm sorry about what Allison said to you. She's pretty judge mental..."

I quickly turned to look at him, "You know Ally?"

He smiled a little, "Well... not really. I live in 102, the apartment right under her and we've uh, gotten into some arguments in the past." He laughed a little as he played with his hands nervously.

"Oh... well Uhm. Thank you but I really should figure out a place to stay. Do you happen to know of any hotels in the area?"

"Well there's some motels around here but... it'd be pretty hard to get all your stuff there and they're uh... not the cleanest"

"Well that's just my luck..." I stood up, "but I don't really have any other options."

"Oh uh..." he placed his hand out, "Damien. Haas. Damien Haas... nice to meet you"

I smiled at the attractive stranger, "Kaitlyn Elie, but you can call me Katie"

"Katie. I like that" he sat down next to me, "you know... my roommate, Mark, just moved out and uh, if you need a place to stay for a bit I've got the room..."

My head shot up and I looked him in the eyes, "what?"

"I'm just saying. If you need a place temporarily... you can stay in the guest room" he smiled.

Although I didn't even know him I could help but lunge our and hug this stranger while sitting on the curb.

He hugged me back.