"Ma'am, we do not show that type of behavior in this restaurant. I'm going to ask you to leave." A bald headed man who was struggling to wear a toupee said as he came close to me.

"DEVANTE, LET THAT HOE KNOW THE TRUTH!" I said screaming as tears started touching my eyes.

"Ma'am, if you don't leave the police will be called."

"Ok sir, I'm sorry! B, you gotta chill!" Mya said as she was dragging me outside.

"NO!" I said as I snatched away from her and tried to go back in the restaurant.

"Brandy, he ain't worth it!"

"Yes, he is! He got that twisted hoe in there talking about me! How could he?" I said as I broke down.

Before I could fall to the ground, Mya caught me.

"Brandy, I know it's h—"

"No, you don't understand! I thought he loved me. He made me do things I never wanted to do, but I made myself do it because I loved him! He played me! He knew I loved him." I said crying into Mya's chest.

"Come on, B. We can't let him see you like this. He's going to think he won this and that he beat you. He ain't sh*t. You are a beautiful and strong woman. Don't waste your tears over that little boy." Mya said rubbing my back.

I noticed that some of the customers were being nosey as they stared at Mya and I.

"Mya, what did I do? What did I do? Am I not cute enough? Did I not please him right? I hate myself. I'm always messing up stuff!"

Mya looked at me like I was stupid.

"Brandy, don't you ever let me hear you question yourself. You are a beautiful a** girl who wears the most flyest clothes and neat braids. You're gonna meet someone who doesn't need to—"

"Leave me alone! Just take me home. Please." I said moving away from Mya quickly as I ran back to her car.

I can't believe DeVante did this.

After all the pain and hurt I had to endure. Little did I know that I was stupid and really blinded by love. This boy fed me a bunch of lies and I can't believe I felt for it.

I started crying as I hit Mya's dashboard.

Not only am I going through this heart break, but now that DeVante left me high and dry, I have to deal with my father. He's still an a**hole.

"I knew I should've ended everything last year. I should have." I said as I covered my eyes with my hands.

.......

*Flashback*

Friday, February 4, 1994

"We're losing her!" One of the nurses said as the doctors and nurses rushed me to the back of the hospital.

"Baby girl, hang on. Please. Don't leave." My mom said crying as she held onto my hand.

"Brandy, you better not die." My father said as he walked normal speed behind us.

"We're going to need you two to wait in the waiting room. We're doing everything we can to save your daughter."

"She needs me with her. She's afraid of hospitals." My mom said as she continued to cry. She held my hand tighter as if this was the last time we would hold each other.