You've got to be fucking kidding

Start from the beginning

"No," I chuckled humorlessly. 

"Madison Coleman, come over here," he said sternly. I clenched my jaw and huffed while walking closer to him. He didn't do anything for a second but then he hugged me. Tight. And I broke down. 

Call me a cry baby if you will, but it was a lot for me. My parents left, my boyfriend doesn't love me back, he's the first I've ever liked this much, let alone love. He is the first person I've loved so much and he just broke my heart. 

"Madison?" he asked after calming me down. 

"What?" I sniffed while pulling away to look at him. He looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't. 

"Nothing," he shook his head. "Go change," he nodded at me. 

I huffed while going into the bathroom and throwing my pajamas on. I wanted to just disappear for a little bit. I was tired, I was sleepy, I was exhausted. I brushed my hair slowly, even the weight of the hairbrush felt like it was too much. I sighed once I was done and opened the door and Jacob was still standing there. His phone was ringing in his pocket but he was ignoring it. 

"Aren't you gonna answer?" I asked in confusion. 

"She's already called thrice in the last ten minutes. She's mad I didn't let Brooke stay here," he scoffed. 

"You could've let her stay," I shrugged, my voice soft. I sounded fragile, almost weak and I didn't like it but I couldn't help it. 

"No, I couldn't," he disagreed. 

I have never felt so insecure. 

I was suddenly aware of every single flaw I had. From the dimples in my back to the scar on my ankle from when I was a kid. 

"And I didn't want to anyway," he shook his head. 

"Why?" I asked while crawling into bed. 

"Because I'm not fucking stupid. I have a girlfriend, Mads," he gave me a pointed look. 

"Well, it's not me," I sighed while pulling the covers up. "We took a break," I reminded him. 

"I didn't agree to it so no, we didn't." He came and stood in front of me. "You are still my girlfriend," he sat down beside me. 

"Why? You don't even love me," I mumbled while my eyes fluttered shut. 

He sighed in frustration while standing up but I grabbed his hand. "Shut up and get back here," I groaned, pulling him back down. "I'm still mad at you but you play a good pillow," I hung onto him, wrapping myself up around him, my legs tangled with his as I dozed off. 

~~~~~ 

I woke up to an empty bed. Well, it was good while it lasted. I sighed while standing up and going to my bathroom to freshen up as usual. Once I did that, I went downstairs to see Jacob bringing Charlie and his stuff in. 

I gasped before running down the stairs and taking him from Jacob. "I went and picked him up this morning," Jacob sighed while setting his stuff down. 

"You could've woken me up. I would've come with you," I said while sitting on the couch while hugging Charlie, kissing him as Jacob sat down beside me. 

"Do you want breakfast or something?" he asked hesitantly. 

"If you don't mind," I shrugged. He was making us hashbrowns when the doorbell rang. I went and got the door to see Julia. 

She stormed right in, looking for Jacob. "Why didn't you let her stay here?!" she yelled while throwing her phone and keys down on the counter. 

"Because I didn't want her staying here," he shrugged while turning around. "You sent her here without telling me, thinking that if she just shows up I'll just let her stay but I am so sorry things didn't go how you planned, try harder next time," he shrugged at her smugly. 

"I seriously don't understand what your problem is," she scoffed while shaking her head. 

"My problem? You told her dad that she was seeing someone which you had no right to do," he glanced at me, "You brought Brooke over here without telling me that she even in town, and I'm sure you're the one that told her that I'm moving back to New York after the summer even though I'm not and you know it!" he snapped. 

She looked down at the counter and stayed silent. "Brooke likes you and everyone thinks you two would be great together," Julia reasoned stupidly. 

"I don't give a shit! I don't like her! I don't understand you, Julia. You wanted to move out, you did, you were gone so I don't understand why you're trying so desperately to just get involved in something that is none of your business and just ruin everything for everyone," he turned his back to her and got back to cooking. 

I felt I shouldn't be there so I began heading to the backyard but he called out my name. I turned around and he was holding my plate out for me. 

"Thanks," I said quietly. I was looking at him and he really did not want to talk to her anymore. I nodded slightly. "Julia, get out," I huffed. 

"Excuse me?" she scoffed. 

"Get out of my house," I repeated. 

"Now you call it yours, huh?" she rolled her eyes. 

"It's mine, it's Nick's and it's Jacob. Bottom line, it's not yours because you left."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter thirty-six

Vote n comment <3