A tear strolled down my cheek, my heart barely pounding in my chest as if it's exhausted with all the heart ache and just done with everything.

More tears streamed down my cheek and I wiped them, my face facing the window. I knew he could feel me crying, heard the little sob that left me.

His silence was deafening and my ears were bleeding.

And then we were there. He handed the car keys to the valet and we walked inside, the lavish restaurant his father had picked. I gave my name to the girl standing at the door of the restaurant and she smiled, leading the way to a table of two.

"I'll bring another chair." She added glancing at the three of us.

Mr. Brinkley was dressed in one of his business suits, hair gelled back, dimples showing. He's literally the older version of Easton. The resemblance was strikingly creepy. He extended his hand to shake and before I could, Easton placed his and shook. "Good to see you daddy."

The lady brought us a chair and Easton made sure to sit between us. I said my greetings just as two people brought us food. Plenty of it. "Apologies, but I already ordered the food while waiting."

I smiled, nodding. "That's fine. Saved me the trouble to choose." I chuckled but it was funny just to me.

Mr. Brinkley took the bite of his juicy looking steak and spoke, "Tell me about school."

I was about to reply when Easton chimed in, "It is usual, why you ask?" He raised a brow and took a bite from his dad's plate. I could tell he was testing the water and I was really not in the mood for any drama tonight.

"Cassandra?" Mr. Brinkley prompted.

"Okay, I guess. I'm not doing too good in Calculus, but photography is good. You said there was a story to tell?" I wanted him to get to the point.

Easton looked surprised and kind of lost as to what I meant. Of course he would because he didn't know anything about the last conversation which happened between his father and me.

Mr. Brinkley chugged down on his whiskey or scotch whatever it was while I sipped on the water waiting for him to speak.

He glanced at Easton and then back at me, as if contemplating saying it. "Well, I loved your mother."

And I choked, suddenly coughing and wheezing. Right away Easton was by my side, rubbing my back. "You okay?" He placed the water glass to my lips and I took two small sips nodding at him. His thumb grazed under my right eye, wiping the lone tear which strolled down.

He stood to his full height, hands balled up, jaw hardened. "What do you think you're doing? Messing with her?" He boomed, grabbing attention from all around us.

No, not right now. I straightened up, grabbing his hand in mine, running circles on the back of his hand. "Listen to me, Easton." I made him look at me, "Not here. Please. Can you give me and your father ten minutes? I'll meet you at the car. I promise." I begged, pleading with my eyes.

He stared into my eyes long and hard before giving me a curt nod. Abruptly, he leaned down, ceasing my heart, his lips grazing my ear, weakening my entire body. "I want you to call me as soon as you don't feel comfortable anymore." I nodded, his cheek against mine, sending warm shivers up and down my body. Then he left, and took his warmth along with him.

I sat back down, ignoring the amused smile Mr. Brinkley held onto his face. "Well, that was a news to me." He motioned towards where Easton went.

Heat rose to my cheeks.

I chow down on my food rescuing myself from answering.

He grinned and nodded in understanding of some sort. Clearing his throat, he went on, "As I was saying, I met your mother when she was a freshman. She was struggling to take bunch of books to a teacher's office and I offered to help. She refused. My pride got hurt. I mean... I was a Brinkley and no has ever rejected me or my help. I was twenty. And I wanted her. At every turn she rejected me until she met your dad. He was my friend and I asked him to help me get her. Instead he swiped her off her feet for himself."