Chapter 12 ✅

Chapter Twelve- Cheese

I adjusted the black hairtie on my ponytail and felt eyes burning holes in the back of my head. My hands felt clammy and I felt the bead of sweat trickle down from my temple to my cheek.

I hated that Easton was in my Health class. And the fact he had scored the seat at the back while I was in the middle.

If he hated me that much, why couldn't he take his eyes off of me.

I turned my head around and met his strikingly beautiful eyes.

He was chewing on the end of his pencil, lazily sitting in his seat-- like he couldn't care less about this class or what teacher thought of him. After couple of seconds, he narrowed his eyes on me and scowled at me. I jerked back with my heart hammering in my chest.

Ugh!

I gritted my teeth together and felt the stupid anger which wanted me to get up and smack him-- surge through me.

"That's all for now. You all can take off early."

And I had never been more happy in my life. I was the first one to get up and rush out the door, walking down the hall when I felt someone step beside me. He still had end of the pencil in his mouth.

I shot, "What are you five?" Eyeing the pencil.

He took it out and threw it back, not caring if it hit someone. He smirked, "I heard you joined a group with that weird Hannah."

My heart throbbed in my chest and I tried to control it but, I failed. Why? Why my heart had to betray me around him?!

"So?" I asked, stopping at my locker while he leaned at the next one.

"I just wanted to tell you that trash goes in the back. Okay?"

Then he leaned off and walked away.

I was barely able to breathe when someone slammed in me. I stumbled and turned around to find Tabby and Jeanette messing around.

Jeanette smiled, "Sorry? I lost my footing."

I waved a hand, "It's okay. So... what are you guys doing?" I looked at their grinning faces.

"We just did a very good deed."

I shut my locker, leaned against it, amused and curious.

Raising my brow I asked, "And that is?"

Their explanation of good had to be different than mine.

My jaw hung open, "You guys registered your names for fifty dollars for?"

They looked at each other and Tabby jumped with excitement. "Brianna's dad is having this charity function in our school gym. And it's about betting on boys. You know, like we'd seen in movies. The boys whom we'll win will be our slaves for a day. And! All the junior and senior boys are on the bet."

My eyes couldn't get wider than it already was.

"Jeez! Seriously? That's the most idiotic charity function I have ever heard of-- no offense. I'm just so glad I didn't waste my money on this."

They looked at each other again and Tabby lopped her arm with mine, "Look, please don't be mad at us--"

I glared at her, "You didn't!"

They nodded and I dramatically banged my head. "To whom is this money going? Don't tell me Ms. Barbie's college fund."

They laughed and we all walked together. "No, it's for a couple of orphanages to give better living support to kids."