Chapter 17 ✅

Chapter Seventeen- I wanted to hate her

The excitement buzzed in me like electricity. I moistened my lips and grabbed the steering wheels tightly.

"You'll do just fine. I trust you." Damn his deep and dark voice. It did things to me, I didn't understand.

But he trusted me.

He trusts me? Since when?

Nah... I wasn't going to ask. I relinquished the emotions jumping in me, living the moment. I smiled, trying to get my heart in control because it was running 1000 miles per hour. It felt like my heart wanted to burst out of me and jump in his lap.

If Easton had won both laps, my lap wouldn't have mattered. But, he lost the second one and now the pressure of winning was on me.

That blonde Lee guy was really fast and I think so would be his girlfriend.

I took a deep breath and waited for the girl in the mini skirt in the middle of our cars to signal us to GO.

I was all ready with my footing in proper position. The moment she dropped her arms, I pressed the gas pedal to the floor, gripping the wheel tighter. I had already memorized how many curves there were and timed them during his laps.

"You're doing great. You just left her behind!" Easton jumped in his seat, animated and happy. My heart swelled at his happiness.

It felt like I had already won the race because for the first time Easton was happy and I was the reason who brought that smile on his face.

I took a quick right and steadied the car, watching the Mitsubishi struggle to catch up with us.

He flipped them off through the open window and we both laughed. Taking two rights and one left I neared the start line. But, our opponents managed to catch up with us. We were driving side by side, I glared at the girl and she flipped me off.

Wrong move.

I pressed the pedal to the floorboard and saw her movement swirl to right. "Shit!"

"Fuck!" Easton uttered, just as her car swayed and I braked.

It was such a damn wrong move she just made. Her car got out of control and circled couple of time and then stopped.

"Move!" Easton yelled, just as I shoved our car out of the dust cloud Mitsubishi had formed and crossed the line.

Loud hollers and screaming of his name in crowd was the beautiful thing I'd heard the whole day.

Venice opened my side door and pulled me out in a hug. But he was pulled back before I could wrap my arms around him.

My heart ceased in that moment, I had never seen Easton smile like that at me before.

That smile I thought was meant to say, "You mean the world to me."

I savored the feeling it brought in me. And before I knew his arms wrapped around me and he pulled me in the air, twirling. We laughed together, relishing in our win.

"We won!" He screamed.

"We won!" I shouted.

Darkness hovered his eyes and he slowly pulled me down. Every part of his body brushed mine and I felt alive. Each and every fiber in my body buzzed and brought the zoo back in my stomach.

He didn't put me on the ground, he just held me, right in front of his face. His nose almost touching mine, his breath fanning my skin. Chills broke out and I felt my soul losing in his breathless eyes.