"AHA! So you are hiding something from me, what is it?!" She pouted pulling on the hood of my hoodie all childish like.

"I fought with Jason" I said quickly putting the burger back in my mouth before chewing.

Zurie just sat there in shock and confusion. She started to speak then stopped and looked around.

"What do you mean, you 'fought' Jason?" she said quietly.

"Why are you whispering? We fought what are you confused about?" I asked her confused. "What do you mean, what do I mean?! You're a fucking vampire, so how did you "fight" a human boy?" That's when it hit me that she didn't know and I spit out my burger.

"Oh Shit!" Was all she said before sitting back and covering her mouth looking at me.

"Is he also a vampire? What happened? OH MY GLOSS!" she whisper yelled. "No he is a werewolf and a strong one at that.." I muttered the last part looking down at my unraveled burger.

"Oh my- Did- Did you get your ass beat?!" She covered her mouth trying to hide her snickering and smile.

"Are you laughing?!" I looked at her with shock and anger.

"Maybe" she looked away and munched on a French fry before bursting out laughing sending the fry flying across the table.

She kept laughing and wheezing like a seal even when no sound was coming out. I started to chuckle but hid it and started feeling bad about losing even more.

She finally calmed down and looked at me. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry but do you remember when we talked over the summer and you said and I quote "If someone even looks at me the wrong way imma beat they ass" and now you j-just got your-your ass...Beat AAAHHHHH!!" she started laughing again this time making small tears come out her eyes.

I felt my cheeks flush as she kept making fun of me and pouted looking away from her. "I hope you fall in a well." I said looking at my phone to make it seem like I was looking at something.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry but you just talk a lot of smack and to find out you couldn't back it up.. you know things like that make me laugh. I'm sorry." she looked at me with a smile wiping her tears of joy.

I was a bit sad but at the same time happy I was able to make her day.

She reached in for a hug and I hugged her back. We stood like that for awhile.
"Um, Kyren? What's his?" she asked concerned as she pulled away from our embrace.

"What's what?" I asked her feeling confused. Then she pulled down my hoodie a little and pointed to the scar on my neck. I froze forgetting that I wore the sleeveless hoodie to cover up the scar.

"I got it from my fight with Jason, I-Its okay, it healed." I said nervously. Her happy expression changed to a worried and angry one. She touched it and glided her hand over the scar.

I felt a huge shock of pain jolt through my body causing me to wince in response and cry out. I covered my mouth crying out in pain resting my head on the table, on the verge of tears. The pain was indescribable, it was like I was being attacked all around my body and being stabbed.

Zurie jumped back and started to panic, she looked around frantically to see if anyone noticed but luckily we sat in the very back so no one was looking.

"W-what's wrong, are you okay?! of course, um, um , what do I do?!!" I could hear her heart hyperventilating and saw her looking around and she reached to touch me and when she did she flinched pulling her hand back.

"OW! Y-your skin is s-so hot! Kyren what's happening?!" She yelled but not too loud.

"I-I don't-AAHHHHH" I screamed out and covered by mouth again. In my peripheral I saw a few passing students look at me with furrowed eyebrows.