Her own tears streamed down, breaking the barrier I was holding for mine. We hugged and cried. "I can't take it." I hiccuped.

"Yes you can." She pulled away and dabbed a tissue on her cheeks. Then mine. "We can't cry. I've put my sweat in these flawless faces."

I laughed. I didn't even realize how quickly she was growing up. "But, we gave it you--"

She shook her hand and sniffed once, getting off the bed. "It belongs to you. It always had."

I swallowed the bile in my throat and nodded. "Thank you."

I opened Jamey's gift and beamed, kissing his hair. "Thank you for this." It was book. One of the hard to find literature. No doubt someone helped him get this. A certain someone who kept disappearing on me. "Can I go to my room now?" He yawned.

Tabby and I chuckled, nodding. "Sure, kiddo. Get some rest. I love you."

He pulled us in a hug and wished me birthday before heading out.

I plopped down, sighing. Dad didn't call. I really hoped at least today he would. But...

"Let's go and get drunk." Tabby wiggled her brows, grabbing my arm and dragging me downstairs, "No drinking!" I yelled, making no impact on her.

She laughed at me like I was crazy for saying that and then let go of my hand, asking me to stay put, "I'll bring us some drinks." Then she was gone.

Nice.

Alden. He could help me out here and even stop her from drinking. I would do anything right now to not drink. Even if it meant asking Alden to scold her. Running back up to his door, I abruptly halted and took a step back. Leaning my ear to the door, I listened.

"No! You don't understand--" Jeanette yelled.

Alden's voice made me shiver. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND?! You have to got be kidding me."

"We're so not talking about the same thing!!" She screamed.

"Eavesdropping much?" I jumped back in surprise, and put a hand on my almost dead heart.

What the hell is wrong with him?

"Can you stop sneaking up on me like that?" I whispered.

He leaned against the door, leaning into me. "Why are we whispering?" He whispered, smirking.

Oh shit!

Jeanette and Alden were in there yelling.

I licked my lips and grabbed his hand pulling him away and down the hallway. "I... uh... I...Why haven't you wished me yet?"

He leaned against the opposite wall, assessing me with narrowed eyes.

"I hope happy birthday is in order right now?" I raised a brow.

He chuckled, "Maybe, it's stuck in traffic."

Did he seriously just say that?

Holy...

I laughed, accidentally bumping my head in the wall behind me. "And my gift?" I pouted, getting his undivided attention on my lips.

He jumped forward, making my heart leap in my chest.

He extended his hand and it was... empty.

I furrowed my brows at him and raised a brow. "You're giving me your hand? No matter how strong and big and warm it might be--" he pulled me to him, wrapping his fingers on my wrist.

"Let's go."

"Where."

"It's time for your gift." I gulped the lump in the back of my throat. "Okay."