24

Namjoon's pov

Jungkook, being the one that saw him last tracked his signal which we always kept in the items of clothing we wore, a tiny chip easily slipped into our pockets if one of us gets lost or can't be found. While he was working on that the rest of us went to our rooms fixing vests on, stocking up on ammo, Yoongi and Jin filling the cars up with needed weapons and emergency first aid. We had no clue what we would find or what we could all walk in to.

Looking over, the worried girl I loved still sat waiting anxiously for us to be ready. I walked over, handing her a vest, which she took after a second of hesitation, slipping it over her head, she tried to reach the tie at the back, gesturing my aid she turned as I pulled the straps tightening the protective gear around her waist. Hoping with every inch of my being that she wouldn't need it. God knows what I'll do if she gets hurt. If anyone gets hurt.

I took the gun out of my holster, taking her other hand and placing the weapon in the midst of her palm. She wasn't a stranger to this anymore. Her fingers curled around the metal, slipping into the leg strap holster that she still had, given to her by myself, from that mission—that felt like eons ago.

"you still have it?" I murmured, she nodded and while standing in arms width of me, her fingers reached around my back pulling the straps of my own tighter, now completely fixed onto my chest. "I don't know what to say, but please, be safe" I nodded at her words, the expression on her face made me want to take her right there, in my arms and never let her leave. I wanted to leave her here, safe from harm, but her heart wouldn't allow that, not even for me. A part of her heart lost out there, and she was determined to retrieve him. At any cost, which scared me the most.

"Namjoon!" my head snapped to Jungkook's panicked alert.

"Jimin. We've found him,"

Y/n's pov

Found. Where. Is he safe? Is he in danger? Is he hurt? Jungkook please. Speak. I need more than that. He looked at me, cautiously, "Jungkook, tell me, where is he?" the pressing need more and more apparent in my tone. He took a moment. "Jungkook!—"

"He's with your father!" with those few words my gut fell into a pit so deep I couldn't imagine ever escaping it. My mind reckless and frantic, wondering why, how, what. "Y/n, we'll get him back, your father wouldn't have hurt him, if anything he's using him as leverage, w—" Namjoon's words were running slower and slower as my mind spaced, leverage. For what, me? A life, worse? for nothing. A statement? What.

I felt myself being pulled towards the exit, shoved carefully into the car, feeling the engine roar to life, the vibrations coursing through my statuesque state. Until I felt a hand, holding mine, my eyes travelling to the hand that held mine, squeezing tightly and he was beside me. Yoongi's smile, the smile I never saw too often, but when I did, no one could feel fear. In that moment his smile unstiffened my muscles, but the fear sat right behind the doors, ready to barge through again, at any moment. While we travelled at speeds I didn't want to admit, Yoongi's hand stayed in mine, it was cold, but cold with an underlying warmth of 'we'll be fine' this cold guy, so far from ice, it's unknown how he could hide the wildfire of his soul, painting over a smile with terror.

The car came to a hold and the hand that kept me from falling back into empty space left to accompany itself with his gun. Looking at me for a moment, "Y/n, I better not have to save your ass in there" he said with a grin, half true, half for my benefit, I choked up a response, "don't forget I saved you once" he smiled wider.