Chapter 16 - Friends

Jungkook noticed that the group were all Taehyung's close friends.

"Bandage? What's wrong?" Hoseok checks his bag and hands him a bandage.

"Thank you. Taehyung got hurt."

"What?!"

Taehyung walks into the room and Jungkook runs to him.

"Kook."

Jungkook helps him clean his wound with a wet tissue.

"Agh.. It hurts."

"Stop moving!"

"What happened?" Namjoon asks concerned.

"He was trying to protect me."

"Protected you*" Taehyung corrects him and rolls his eyes.

"But then look at you." Jungkook glares at him and Taehyung does the same. "A mess."

"So you're mad at me now? After taking a punch for you you're not going to say thank you?"

"I don't need your help."

"Oh. He almost BONKED you in the head and you didn't do anything? DoN't neEd mY hElp I thought you go to the gym often why didn't you just hit him back huh?"

"Guys." Hoseok says.

"I don't get into fights as much as you do, I don't know what to do." Jungkook says in defense.

"Hit him back, duh. You don't just let him hurt you and do nothing." Taehyung winces in pain. "If you don't know what to do then call me. I've learned Taekwando before, I know how to protect you."

"It's not like I can call you while being beaten up."

"Oh oh right. I have a great idea then! Don't stay alone in school after class."

"I was waiting for you!" Jungkook yells.

"I don't care!" Taehyung yells.

The guys right now: 👁👄👁

Jungkook crossed his arms. "You're saying it like I couldn't protect myself."

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Gasp. You take that back!"

"No." Taehyung says.

"You think you could protect yourself? You literally got punched in the face. Twice. If I hadn't kicked him-"

"Maybe you should've kicked him in the first place before he punched me so I wouldn't get punched."

"H-"

"You never listen to me." Taehyung scolds. "I told you to go home."

"I was just waiting for you."

"And look what happened he almost punched you."

"GrrRrRRr." Jungkook groans.

"GRrRRRR I was protecting you."

"You didn't have to!"

"I'm your brother!" Taehyung yells.

"Hmph!" They crossed their arms and look away from each other.

"Uh.." The others look at them with their mouths wide open.

"Are you sure you guys aren't blood-related.." Jin asks.

Taehyung sighs. "Yeah." He gasps. "Wait how did you find out (that we were step brothers)?"

"Guessed. We ain't that stupid."

Taehyung shyly laughs.

"Good job trying to keep a secret."

"Sorry 🥺 Now where were we?" Taehyung stares at Jungkook. Jungkook helps him put a bandage on with a frown on his face. "Hmph."

"And can he stay here too?" Taehyung asks.

"Sure. While you were busy beating some guy up, we're almost done with the project. By the way are you okay?" Yoongi asks.

"Yeah.. don't worry."

"Who was the guy?"

"I don't know. Some weird looking guy."

"Sounds pretty weird to me."

"He looks like an egg. Oh well he won't bother us anymore." Taehyung drags a chair for Jungkook to sit. He grabs Jungkook's arm and pats onto the chair. "Sit."

Jungkook looks away and sits next to him with arms crossed against his chest.

"Oh so that's how it's going to be huh?" Taehyung looks away.

"So.. Jungkook.." Jimin says.

"Hm?" Jungkook looks at him.

"Are you single?"

Taehyung hits Jimin's arm.

"OW. What is that for?" He rubs his arm.

"It's not the time for that."

Jimin sighs. "Fine. But if you're interested in men.." He winks at Jungkook and Jungkook's eyes widens. "Oh." He just nods.

"Wink wonk."

Taehyung pushes Jimin's head away. "Stop trying to mess with him. I'm seriously reconsidering about this friendship."

"Hey!" Jimin pouts.

They're finally finished with their project with Jungkook's help. Surprisingly, the youngest was good with projects like these and during that they all were getting along well with each other.

Jungkook thinks that they were very nice to him.

"See you guys tomorrow."

They wave each other goodbye.

Jungkook turns to look at Taehyung. "Your friends are nice."

"Yeah? Who's nicer me or them?" He nicely bats his eyelashes at him.

Jungkook looks at him with disgust. "Them of course." And walks away.

Taehyung felt offended. "EXCUSE ME."