Chapter 10

"Our boss just called us. She knows that he got away." He says, watching me carefully for my reaction

"Okay, so what happens now?" I ask, 

"We're going to meet her today. In one hour." 

                                        *                        *                                *

"One hour? Are you sure?" I ask for confirmation. 

"Well we have to go unless you want to see her angry. And trust me, you don't want to see an ex-assassin angry." If Andrew wasn't an emotionless brute most of the time, he most likely would've shivered with the thought of facing our boss' wrath. We walk back to Justin who looks extremely confused, but I'm way too angry at him to explain ourselves to him. 

"So are we leaving or not?" I snappily ask, 

"Yeah." Justin whispers and the three of us walk to car in silence...and it's not the comfortable kind. When he turns on the engine, I get a phonecall which is odd since I never get calls from my cellphone. I answer it hesitantly,

"Hello? .... Trouble?!? .... Are you sure it was Timmy? ..... Alright, I'll be right there, thank you." I groan and rub my face with my hands. 

"What happened?" Both of the males in the car happened to ask simultaneously. I intentionally ignore Justin and shift my body to only face Andrew in the backseat, 

"Apparently, Timmy got in trouble?" I ask, shocking myself in the process. 

"Finally, I was worried that kid would end up being a sociopath." Andrew mutters and that causes me to drop my mouth in shock. 

"What? It's normal for children to get in trouble, without that all their energy builds up and then boom, they're a psychopath," Andrew justifies himself. I just stare at him dumbfounded Great, now on top of everything I have to worry about my little brother being a sociopath. 

"I can come with you though, to ease the tension?" Andrew asks, and I can sense Justin staring at Andrew through the rearview mirror. 

"That would be amazing, thanks Andrew." I shift my body back to the front and slouch down the seat and close my eyes waiting for this drive to end. As if a wishing star just flew above us, the drive comes to an abrupt stop resulting in Andrew slamming his forhead against my passenger seat, yet he doesn't even flinch. 

"We're here." Justin says in a cold-hearted voice. I roll my eyes as a non-verbal response and get out of the car. I look around and notice we're back at the coffee shop. I head to my car and yell to Andrew, "I'll meet you at Timmy's school, ok?" He nods back and I head into the car wondering what crime Timmy committed to get into so much trouble. 

                        *                                        *                                *

"He did WHAT?" I ask, shocked. Andrew, a guilt-ridden Timmy, and I were currently sitting in the principle's office, listening to the current situation. 

"So let me get this straight. Timmy punched a kid in the nose?" I ask. Mrs.Hong nods and clasps her hands on the table in a very mannering way. She's quite an old woman on the verge of retiring; she has that grandma vibe that's very sweet and loves to bake and you most definitely don't want to be on her bad side. I mostly know this because she use to be my elementary school's principle too, although I don't think she remembers since I wasn't the most noticed student. I look to my right to see Andrew, calm as usual but I could sense that he wanted to laugh but I'm grateful he didn't; the last thing we need is Mrs.Hong thinking we were a couple of immature, ignorant, teenagers. She puts on a pair of reading glasses and scans an official-looking piece of paper.

"According to this, your grandmother is suppose to attend this meeting. Now where is she exactly?" She asks suspiciously. 

"Oh, she...she fell down the stairs." I swiftly lie, even with a bit of sadness. Mrs.Hong's face shifts into a sympathetic expression within a flash. 

"Oh dear, how did that happen?" 

"You see, she was walking around when Timmy and I weren't there, then she just fell. I knew I should've gotten her life alert." I "regretfully" say and I hear Andrew snort beside me. I kick him in the shin and give him the signal to not make another sound. 

"Alright well, Mrs.Hong thank you for letting us know. We'll make sure Timmy receives some consequences from his actions." 

"That's good to hear Ms.Corbett, and must I say you and your boyfriend are absolutely adorable together. I remember when I was smitten like that during my teenage-hood...." she nostalgically rambles. I immediately get up and grab Andrew and Timmy up, 

"We have to go now, our ice cream is melting in the car." I quickly make up an excuse, only to regret it when I hear Timmy chanting the word ice cream over and over again. Dear god not again. 

                                        *                                *                                *

I stare at the calendar in my room with a blank expression portrayed on my face, but on the inside I was freaking out. Keep calm, keep calm. I let out a breath and walk to the kitchen to see Andrew pouring himself a glass of water. 

"Alright, so Timmy has officially been grounded with no ice cream for a month," I state, looking around with a distraught expression. Andrew nods and then randomly I blurt out,

"I think I'm pregnant."