Chapter 1

The sunlight gleams through my very thin, shear, curtains and fortunately no chirping birds have decided to visit near my 2 bedroom apartment, which saves me the trouble of losing my sanity for the day. I extend my arm as an attempt to reach for my pre-paid cellphone on my table to glance at the time. Hmm..6:59am, he should be here soon.

Knowing the usual routine, I wait patiently pretending to be asleep with a small smile attached to my face. Finally, I feel his small, petite, body struggling to climb onto the bed and sit on my back, "disturbing" my slumber. My mattress responds with some familial creaks. I pretend to groan and dig my head deeper into the pillow. He slightly tugs at my hair, joined with a playful giggle.

"Rosie Posie, it's time to wake up," my adorable, 4-year-old brother, informs me. I say nothing and pretend to still be asleep. "Rosie?" he questions. I suddenly lift my back up, making sure he lands safely on his back on the bed. He laughs as he bounces a little from the landing. I tickle him, "Timmy, you have to say that I'm the best sister ever or else I won't stop tickling you." He continues to laugh while trying to gasp for air. "ok ok... you're the best sissy ever!" he succumbs.

Satisfied, I get off the bed and stretch my muscles while yawning and rubbing my eyes as an attempt to feel more awake. "Go brush your teeth, get your school clothes on, then I can take you to school buddy." I tell him. "Fine." he grumbles walking away.

As I myself walk to the bathroom and start brushing my teeth, I lose track of the time due to my wandering mind. Sometimes I wish I was Timmy, not having a care in the world or forcing yourself to become independent. I'm not sure if he remembers mom and dad that much....but then again they only died a month ago. I shake my head and look at myself sternly in the mirror,

"You can't afford to think like that, just do what you do. Be invisible," I whisper. I decide to put on a pair of jeans with a sweatshirt 3x my actual size with worn out combat boots, and my shoulder-length, brown, curly, hair in a messy bun. "Timmy, you ready?" I shout from the kitchen while making both our lunches. I grab the car keys when I hear soft footsteps running towards the kitchen. After waiting for him to finish his breakfast, I usher him into the car knowing that we're late. "Let's do this thing." I whisper to myself as I turn on the ignition.

* * * *

Only 10 more minutes until lunch, I keep reminding myself while the my Math teacher, Mr.Burns, keeps lecturing us on how we should pay more attention and value algebra or something. I tug at the sleeves of my sweatshirt, letting it cover my hands until I feel comfortable. Fortunately, I sit at the very back which is basically the seat where you can do whatever the hell you want, and no one will notice.

In the middle of Mr.Burns' useless speech, a very tall guy with brown hair and piercing blue eyes, muscular no doubt, entered the classroom with a bored expression on his face. Everyone in the classroom could tell right away that he was a "rebel" with the leather jacket and pierced ear. Without bothering to introduce himself he goes to the back of the classroom and decides to sit right next to me. He doesn't even glance at me which isn't surprising, however what did surprise me is how Mr.Burns hasn't exploded yet from the random interruption; but his face was about as red as a tomato.

Finally, he cleared his throat and asked sternly, "Who are you young man?"

The mysterious guy leans back in his chair with a little smirk plastered on his face "Justin," was all he said.

I look back and forth from the teacher to the apparent "Justin", finding this situation somewhat amusing. I finally can't take it and start laughing in a room full of silent people. I try to cover my mouth but it was no use with Mr.Burns looking like the colour of a baboon's butt. Apparently no one else found it as entertaining since all the girls were daydreaming about the new kid, and the guys were.....well I'm not even sure.

Justin turns to me with a raised eyebrow and that little smirk, but not saying anything. I immediately stop laughing, and look away I think Mr.Burns and I are matching now. After what seems like an eternity, the bell rings and everyone else exits before me. I rush to the exit, not wanting to be confronted by anyone and especially Justin. I let out a deep breath once I'm out of the classroom, but only for it to be shortened when I feel someone grab my shoulder and push me up against the locker.