Maybe...This Could Work?

We’ve been driving for some time now. Towards where? I don’t know. It’s kind of hard to tell from all the smoke at the far off distance and all that has happened recently, in a day, and on a Wednesday out of all the days in a week. All I know is I’m driving away, far far away from that damned convenience store. 

“You’re speeding.” Jisoo’s voice was spread out too thinly, I know she’s being wary of my driving skills. Not that I blame her I’ve been whisking past burning cars like I was in a Fast and Furious movie set or something. 

“I acknowledge sign’s recommendation.”

“You’re going 30 miles over!” Okay, maybe I’m lying…

“Do you want to go 30 miles under and risk being pulled over by a horde of those things?”

The growing silence and the frown on Jisoo’s face was enough to point out I’m finally making sense. (which I always am, they just can’t seem to see that at face value sometimes.)

“Exactly…” I muttered, catching her eye through the rearview mirror and grinning. 

Jennie stirred beside me and groaned. She was sleeping to make up for all that happened and she could get real grumpy when she was sleepy so we’re not taking any chances at all. 

“Are we there yet?” Her voice was hoarse from sleep and I liked it most that way.

“Hmmmm, define ‘there’ babe.” It was always better to make things as lighthearted as possible… and yes before you comment, this golden rule applies to zombie apocalypses’ too. 

“Gun store?” 

“Where exactly is this proverbial gun store?” 

“Sheesh, the mall babe… where we can find everything…” 

Chaeyoung chuckled, and I gave her the evil eye. Which is a very effective tool to shut people up. 

“You should’ve said this sooner.” 

“You should’ve asked.” 

I can’t with her sometimes. She’s just too... right. That thought alone made me laugh and everyone in the car laughed along because I have an infectious one you see? The kind that starts out low and then turns into a full on laughing spree with the tears and all. I stole a quick glance at her and found my heart fluttering from the way her eyes would disappear when she laughed or smile. I leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek, “I love you.”