"Dear Merlin," Ron looked at Harry. "Are you—"

"He wasn't the only that didn't make it," Harry's voice cracked. "Hedwig..."

Draco wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulders. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm just so tired of it all." Harry took a deep breath. "I'm going to turn in."

Ron nodded. "You'll be bunking with me," he cut his eyes over to Draco. "With Malfoy, I guess."

"Brilliant," Harry grabbed Draco's hand and dragged him up the stairs.

Draco followed Harry up four flights of stairs and was glad that his knee was barely aching anymore. He had never seen a house like this. It seems like as the Weasleys had more children, they grew their house up instead of out. The stairs creaked under his feet and there were various noises seeming to come from the house. His house was the opposite. It was cold, quiet, and dark. Draco didn't mind the changes and thought this place felt more like a home then his manor ever did.

Harry went into a room near the top of the house and Draco followed him. Harry's and Draco's trunks had already been moved in and two beds had been set up on the ground. Harry laid down on one of the beds while Draco walked over to his trunk. He pulled out his pajamas and quickly changed. He went to Harry's trunk and grabbed his pajamas before walking over to him.

"Here," Draco handed him the pajamas. "You'll be more comfortable if you change."

Harry nodded and took the clothes. He changed and got back into bed without a word.

"Harry," Draco sat down on the bed next to him. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Harry shook his head and pulled Draco down to lay next to him. "I just want to lay here with you."

"Okay," Draco wrapped his arms around Harry.

Harry rested his head against Draco's chest and held onto his silk pajama top tightly between his fists. Tears trickled out of Harry's eyes and onto Draco's shirt but he didn't say anything. All he did was hold onto Harry until his breathing slowed and he fell asleep.

Draco should have slept, but he couldn't. He was too worried about Harry. He didn't know how many more losses that he could handle and it was only going to get worse. Draco wanted to protect him but he wasn't sure how. The least he could do was stand by him and be there when he needs it.

The door opened and Weasley slipped inside. Draco saw him grimace at the pair before walking to his bed.

"Got something to say, Weasley?" Draco hissed, careful to not wake Harry up.

The Weasel jumped and turned to look at him. "What?"

"You heard me." Draco carefully slipped out of Harry's arms and got to his feet.

He nodded toward the door and Weasley reluctantly walked out of the room with him. Draco closed the door and turned to face him.

"Look, we both hate each other but we do have one thing in common," Draco said. "We both care about Harry."

Ron scoffed and Draco glared at him.

"I care about Harry," Draco replied. "Whether or not you believe that."

"I don't believe you or trust you for that matter."

"I gave up on my entire family for him—"

"Did you? Because we have no proof that you're not keeping in touch with other deatheaters." He narrowed his eyes. "You can easily tell you-know-who exactly where we are at all times."

"I wouldn't do that to Harry," Draco hissed.

"Then it seems like we're at a crossroad."

"No, because Harry is going through enough as it is." Draco snapped. "We'll be in close quarters for months. The last thing he needs is us fighting all the time. We don't need to trust each other. We just have to tolerate each other. For Harry's sake."

He hesitated, staring at Draco as if trying to tell if he's lying. Finally, he said, "fine. For Harry."

Heartbreak WarfareOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara