Chapter 24

Draco tried to avoid Snape but it was impossible. So, he tried to be around people at all times. Snape couldn't get upset at him in public. Though, what he hadn't anticipated was Snape spelling him to his seat while the rest of the class left.

"I knew I shouldn't have gone to class today," Draco grumbled.

Snape shut the door behind the last student and turned his stern eyes on him. "I don't know how you managed it but it won't last."

Draco folded his arms. "I don't know what you mean."

"I told Albus your plan and though he doesn't believe you to be capable of such things, I do."

"You don't know shit about me," Draco growled.

"I do because I was you." He snapped. "I had awful parents that forced me to be like them. I was prejudice toward muggle-borns and I thought I was better than everyone and pushed people away. Eventually, people will learn who you really are and abandon you, just like me."

****

Draco slumped down on their shared couch, throwing his bag on the ground. Harry sat beside him and ran his fingers through Draco's hair.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

Draco could still hear Snape's voice reaffirming his fears. Showing him the lonely future he was destined for. He never thought that he was good enough for Harry but to die alone? The thought hadn't crossed his mind. He wasn't like Snape. Was he?

"Long day," Draco mumbled.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"It's fine," Draco looked up at him.

If everything was going to go to Hell, he might as well appreciate the good things.

Draco pulled Harry down for a kiss. "I already feel better with you here."

Harry grinned. "Glad I could help."

"Now about our sleeping arrangements..."

****

Harry woke up with his head rested against Draco's chest. His arms were wrapped around his waist while Draco's arm was wrapped around his shoulders. Harry tightened his hold on Draco and wrapped his legs around Draco's. Draco mumbled and shuffled closer to him.

"Harry?" He spoke, softly.

"Go back to sleep," Harry coaxed.

Draco hummed and dipped his head down to Harry's, brushing his lips over his forehead.