two

shouts and laughter surrounded you as you walked through the main arena, and you smiled as you heard a very familiar voice rise above all the others.

"you old witch! how dare you?!"

"how dare me?! how dare you?! you never insult a woman's weight!"

you walked into the training room and leaned on the wall as you watched the drama unfold. you crossed your arms, shivering as your chalked hands brushed coarsely against your arms. your shorts and tank top did little justice against the unforgiving august weather. it was fine though, you'd be sweating once you practiced your routine.

jimin was shouting at chaerin, face red with exasperation. his blonde hair was matted against his sweaty forehead, and you could see the sweat through his white tank top. chaerin was no different, she had probably just finished her routine as well, dark brown hair tied into a ponytail on the top of her head. her outfit was almost identical to mine.

you smirked as the two kept bickering, not knowing you were there until you laughed when chaerin raised her hand to slap jimin on his arm. both of their heads whipped to you, and they both stomped up to you, huffing in anger.

you raised your white-dusted hands defensively as they neared you, supressing a giggle when jimin angrily pointed towards chaerin like a child. chaerin made a confused an furious expression as jimin explained why it was her fault jimin fell from 15 feet in the air.

"-and then she pulled on my silks! my precious silks! and because her heavy ass weighs so much she pulled me down and i fell!" jimin screeched, and he immediately got pulled back and slapped by a seething chaerin.

"what did i just tell you!? you don't insult a woman's weight!" jimin tried to defend himself against the playful/angry punches that were landing on his arms and chest. and you snickered before quickly realizing you should probably pull them off of each other.

"okay love birds, we don't need a murder the night before the show, okay?" you walked up to them and pulled chaerin away, leaving them both panting and glaring daggers at each other.

"jimin, apologize." you demanded and gestured at the girl next to you, and jimin's made an incredulous face.

"but she was the one wh-!" you gave the male in front of you a sharp look, and he looked down and sighed in defeat. "i'm sorry for calling you a witch and insulting your weight." he mumbled to the floor, and you nodded your head in acceptance at his answer.

"i accept your apology." chaerin mumbled as well, and you turned to your female friend.

"now chae, apologize to jimin for hitting him." chaerin glared at you a little before casting her eyes downwards again and muttering out an apology.

"there, all better, now please try not to kill each other while i practice." you shook your head and walked past them to the large metal hoop winging about a hundred feet above you in the far part of the area.

"y/n you don't need to practice, your act is already perfect." chaerin yelled after you, and jimin nodded in agreement.

you turned back to them and grabbed a rope, then smirked before a huge bag of grain was dropped and the rope whisked you up into the air. you jumped from the rope to the hoop, intertwining your arms around the metal, letting it twirl you around before you slowly started sinking to the floor.

they both sighed and left the arena, leaving you to practice alone.

.

you walked out of the training arena at around 9:00, sweating profusely. your feet, hands, face, and forearms were dusted with chalk, and you brightened at the thought of a cold shower. you walked around various tents before reaching yours, sighing in relief once you pushed aside the cloth opening and slipped inside. you changed into loose cotton pants and a t-shirt after bathing, putting your damp hair in a bun. the august night bit into your skin as you walked to the middle of the grassy field your troupe had set up on, letting out a silent cheer of victory as you spotted a crackling fire. as you approached the large flames, several of your friends greeted you, handing you a mug of soup as you sat down on a log.

you watched as half the circus laughed and talked throughout the night, discussed the performance tomorrow, each other's day, and funny stories they had heard. you watched silently with a smile, admiring the family you had become a part of. you didn't even notice when hoseok sat beside you, burgundy hair shining in front of the fire.

you flinched slightly when he put a hand on your shoulder.

"are you okay? you're never this quiet." he laughed lightly but his eyes held worry, and you smiled at his concern.

"i'm okay seok, just a little nervous for tomorrow."

it was true, which was a little uncommon. you usually never got this nervous before shows, but you brushed it off as early adrenaline and unnecessary excitement. at your response hoseok smiled and draped his arms around your shoulders.

"i know you'll do fantastic y/n, you always do..."