56 // A Few Extra Bucks

Start from the beginning

Buck takes a moment to look back down at the bill in admiration. His smile quickly disappears as he shakes his head vigorously, pushing the book forward for Harry to take it from him.

"I-I can't accept this."

"No, take it," Harry insists, refusing to take back the money from Buck, "please."

After seeing Harry's seriousness and realizing this wasn't a joke, Buck finally stops trying to give the check back. Instead, he stares down at it as he speaks up.

"My wife and I, we..." He trails off as a tear leaks from his eye, almost bringing tears to mine. He sucks in a deep breath, trying to gain composure. Finally, he looks up at Harry again, his eyes and nose both red now. "I really needed this. Thank you."

"Happy new year, Buck," Harry simply states, flashing Buck an empathetic smile.

After letting out a single breathy laugh of disbelief, Buck scurries away to go ring up our bill. Harry smiles, looking down at his lap, not hiding how good he felt for giving Buck the extra money.

"You're incredible," I tell him wholeheartedly.

"It's crazy to me."

"What is?"

"That...what was meant to just be adding a few extra dollars to tip for the new year turned out to be like...possibly lifesaving to that man," he says, the look of a blown mind on his face. "He looked like such a wholesome person. I truly think he deserved that money."

"You're a good man, Mr. Styles."

* * *

* * *

"Do we really have to do this again?" Harry raises an eyebrow, tugging on my arm.

"Yes," I say stubbornly.

"But I want to dance," he whines, stomping his foot.

"You know I hate dancing," I remind him for the millionth time.

He grabs my hand, pulling me to his chest, smirking down at me.

"I don't dance, I know you can," he sings lowly, "not a chance, no. If I could do this, well, you could do that but I don't dance."

The amount of High School Musical related things that had happened in this past few days amazed me.

Harry points an imaginary microphone at me and I roll my eyes.

"Hit it out of the park."

Harry chuckles and wraps his arms tightly around my shoulders, placing a kiss on the top of my head before resting his head on top of mine.

"I think you've had a little too much to drink," I mumble, my cheek squished against his chest.

As Harry held me literally as close as humanly possible, James approaches us with a beaming smile on his face.

"Ah, my favorite couple," he swoons jokingly. Harry's grip on me loosens and I look up at him.

He always had this soft, closed-mouth smile on his face, it was like he just naturally smiled. Like he was always happy.

And of course, I wasn't complaining. I would never give up an opportunity to see Harry's dimples.

"You told him?"

"Well...yeah," Harry says sheepishly, his cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"Oh, he told me all about it," James says enthusiastically. "He was so excited that he..." He trails off and I look up at Harry, who was shooting him a death glare. If looks could kill, we would be burying James right now.

I hugged Harry tighter in an attempt to show him that I found it flattering and cute. He smelled so good. Always. I found it so endearing.

"We were thinking about heading back to the villa to have a movie night," James says, "you guys wanna come along?"

Before I could speak up, Harry does so for me.

"We actually were about to go dance," Harry excuses, "but thanks for the invite."

Catching me off guard, Harry takes this as an opportunity to drag me out onto the dance floor, leaving James standing there alone.

"Sorry about him," I apologize to James as Harry pulls me away.

I'd expected him to be somewhat offended, but he instead just chuckled shaking his head as he walked away.