1 // McDonald's Psychic

a/n: welcome to my next story!!! so excited for you to read this and travel along on this journey with me!!  don't forget to vote, comment, and share! i hope you all enjoy!!!!!

also, a reminder that you can follow me on insta @xxstyles_lovexx !!! i post about the story on there!!

i know no one ever reads the disclaimers, so i'm putting this again here. there is a bonus book relating to this book and the following book. it's called "Adore You: Extras", and it can be found on my profile. it includes just as the title of it states, extras. check it out if you'd like, however, it's not necessary for the story. :)

xoxo

* * *

I force my bright pink flare jeans into the crammed suitcase.

"Forgetting something?" My roommate asks me. I turn my head to look at her, seeing she's holding up my Fleetwood Mac t-shirt I bought a long time ago.

"For the last time Jess, I don't need it." I roll my eyes, chuckling as I look back down at the checklist I made late last night. The last thing I wanted was to forget something while I was on a different continent.

"Yes, you do!" She protests. "What if you see him?"

"I'm not going to." I shake my head.

"But what if?" She nags. I don't say anything, hoping my silence would shut her up, even though I knew deep down it was no use. She wouldn't stop talking about it until it happened. Then once she's let down, which she will be, she'll say that it will happen and it just wasn't meant to be right now.

A white piece of fabric covers my head, which I quickly yank off and shoot Jess a deadly glare.

"Pack it," she demands before quickly adding, "just in case." Her glare was firm and intimidating. I stare back at her, trying to keep the same expression.

With a sigh of defeat, I fold and roll it up, shoving it into the now overflowing suitcase. I flip the top over before—with a lot of struggle—zipping it shut. I turn back to Jess. "Well, I guess that's the last of it." I smile sadly.

Before she had the chance to say anything, Jess flung herself forward and wrapped her long arms around me.

"This is so sad," she whined as we pulled away, frowning. "This is going to be our first Christmas apart since college."

"I know." I frown. "But at least you're finally going home for Christmas."

"Are you kidding me?!" Her blue eyes widened. "I'd take a vacation to London over Florida any day."

"I would say less of a 'vacation' and more of a 'forced family reunion,'" I corrected her. Although her travels were somewhat the same, she was at least going home to the comfort of her mom's home, while I would be staying in a hotel room in a completely different country.

"Yeah, it still baffles me that your parents are bringing you guys along on their anniversary trip." She says for the millionth time this week, shaking her head in disbelief. "I mean, if it were me, the last thing I'd want on any kind of trip would be all my kids tagging along."

"I don't understand half the things my parents do either," I say with a shrug. "And this just adds to the list."

I had no idea why my parents thought bringing four kids along on their 30th anniversary trip to England was a good idea. But I really shouldn't be complaining, at least I get a free trip across the world. I'm honestly just lucky, and a little surprised, I was even invited.