20 // 4 pm

a/n : here's a short filler chapter so the next one can be really good 😁😁

* * *
Lili: I'd love to! What time are you thinking?

I toss my phone onto my bed before collapsing face-first onto the plush comforter. I let out a groan as my phone rings under me, just as I've gotten comfortable. Without even checking the caller ID, I swipe to answer and tap around until my finger hits the speaker button.

"Hello?" I answer groggily.

"Would you care to tell me why your face is plastered all over both Instagram and Twitter?!" Jess interrogates me.

"It is?" I ask, sitting up quickly as well as snatching my phone off the bed.

"Um yeah," She says as I open my Instagram, "When were you going to tell me you met Harry?!"

"Jess, Harry literally called you when I was with him."

"Well how was I supposed to know that was actually him? You could've been pranking me or something."

"Well, I wasn't. And I tried calling you, but you didn't answer. I would try again, but I've been busy all day," I say, "I was Christmas shopping for like 7 hours, then had to come home and get ready for my date and just barely got home from that. The only spare time I had today was the few minutes I had was when I tried to call you."

"Oh," Jess says quietly. "Well you've got me on the phone now," she says enthusiastically, "tell me every...single...detail."

I explained the night to her, which really goes without saying at this point. I told her about the fight and the pictures and the coffee date, but I made sure to leave out the part about the sweatshirts. I wanted her hoodie to be a surprise.

"Oh my God," she says, speechless, "My dream was wrong then! There's nothing standing in the way of you and Harry's relationship now!"

"Actually..." I say slowly, cringing at what I had to tell her.

"No don't say that!" she demands. "You can't be ruining my plan!"

"I met someone."

"Yeah," she says knowingly, "Harry. I'm that dumb."

"No, I met someone else," I smile to myself as I talk about him, "remember when I told you about Noah?"

"Well tell this 'Noah' guy to go away!" she demands. "I'm not going to let him interfere with your destiny! You and Harry are meant to be together."

"But see, that's where you're wrong. I don't see myself with Harry," I correct her, "I see myself with Noah."

"Lili, you're insane!" Jess practically yells. "How could you not want to be with Harry?!"

"I don't know Harry as well as I know Noah. I know Noah has feelings for me and Harry's...a celebrity. God only knows if he has actual human feelings."

"But you've met Harry!"

"One time. In front of a cop. And his entire band. He could be a total two-faced asshole."

"Liliana Jane Mason, do I need to fly to London and kick your ass?" she threatens. "I won't hesitate."

"Jess," I sigh, "give up. Me and Harry aren't gonna happen."

I don't even know why I thought it would be a good idea to tell her about what happened between Harry and I. It only got her hopes up, and that's the last thing I want. She just needs to give up on the idea of Harry and me together, it's unrealistic and makes her seem completely delusional.

"Fine, Lili." The words I've been waiting months—since I found out I was going to London—to hear finally leave Jess's lips. She actually gave in. "I'm done trying to convince you."

"Jess, don't be mad," I plead just before the phone like goes silent as she hangs up on me. I pull my phone down away from my ear and stare at it in disbelief.

Tossing it once again to its original spot before Jess called me, I begin removing my clothes to change into my comfortable pajamas. I unzip and tug the black high heel boots I wore tonight off my feet, immediately causing the pain in them to soothe. I grab the pair of shorts I wore last night to sleep off the ground and slip them on up over my underwear. I shiver as I'm topless and spot the sweatshirts from last night over in the same pile they've been in for close to the past 24 hours. I rush over to the chair before stopping abruptly.

I had a choice to make; blue or pink. Would it be weird to wear Harry's hoodie to sleep? We're not dating, but he gave it to me. So, I have to wear them sometime. Right?

I reach out and swipe it up into my arms, putting them through the sleeves and bringing the hoodie over my head. As it passes over my nose, I suddenly get a whiff of a very masculine—and probably insanely expensive—fragrance. It was the same one I smelled when I hugged Harry for the first time.

Had he worn this sweatshirt before giving it to me?

Shaking off all thoughts, I turn off all the lights and make my way back over to my bed and cling in under to the covers, cuddling in comfortably. The smell of Harry (weirdly enough) comforted all my senses, causing me to drift off to sleep quickly.

* * *

I wake up the next day around 9 AM, ready to power through my day of doing absolutely nothing. The very first thing I did this morning was check my phone. To my surprise, I had gotten a text from Harry overnight saying he'd like to meet at 4 and he would just wait outside my hotel for me since we could apparently walk to wherever we were going.

At the current moment, it was almost 4 PM and I had just finished getting ready. No, I didn't put red lipstick on this time. I didn't want to seem like a was trying to impress him, because I wasn't. I instead wore less makeup than usual, hoping Harry would take the hint that I was not interested in him in that way. Not like he was interested in me anyway.

I'd set an alarm on my phone for 3:57 exactly, and when that went off, my heart skipped a beat. To be able to go on a coffee run with your idol is surreal. If I could be anything with Harry, I'd want to be best friends. And that's all.

Just really good friends.