6 // Tostada Takeout

Not that I was excited to go through a museum itself, but the idea that I was looking at a history of a completely different country was pretty cool. It was practically scorching hot inside, so I was obligated to take my coat off or I would've melted. I guess I'd rather be hot than cold though.

"Come look at this," El snickers as she guides me over to a naked statue of a man. When I say naked, I mean completely naked. There was absolutely nothing over his...well, you know.

"You're so immature," I roll my eyes and walk away.

"Oh come on," She says as seriously as she could manage between spurts of laughter. I just shake my head and continue walking.

"What was so funny?" Mom asks as I step next to her, looking at old vases in a glass case.

"She saw a naked statue of a man over there," I shrug.

"Oh good Lord," She places her head in her hand in disappointment, "How could she possibly be so immature?"

"That's what I said," I sigh, "But I guess there always has to be a dumb twin."

"Not always," Mom argues, "I know of some very intelligent sets of twins."

"Who? Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen?" I ask jokingly.

"Not what I meant," She shoots me a glare, "You know my friend Laura?"

"Sure," I said, wanting her to get to her point.

"We ran into her at the grocery store that one time," She attempted to remind me.

"Mom, you run into everyone at the grocery store," I laughed.

"Don't give me attitude, young lady," She warned, "I'm trying to tell you something."

"Okay, sorry," I apologized, "Go on."

"Anyways, as I was saying, my friend, Laura is a lawyer and she has an identical twin sister, just like Eleanor and Emily, who is a doctor."

"Yeah, but that's like one set of twins you know," I shrug again, "doesn't mean El and Em have to both be smart too."

"Well those tutoring lessons for Eleanor didn't pay for themselves," She scoffed, "She wasted your father and I's money to go hang out with her 'boyfriend.'"

"But they're still together, aren't they?" I tried to make a point.

"They should be getting married, but someone is too afraid of commitment," She shoots Eleanor and Tanner a look as they giggle at each other.

"At least she has a boyfriend," I cross my arms over my chest, "I'm literally the only kid in our family without someone."

"Honestly," Mom turns to me, "I'm glad you don't have a boyfriend. Other than you living in a different state, I never have to worry about you."

"Worry about me?" I ask, a bit taken back by her statement.

"Well, first of all, I don't have to worry about you getting an STD or—God forbid, pregnant," She shudders in disgust, "Second of all, I never have to worry about you doing anything or being too busy. That's how I knew you'd be available to come on the trip."

My jaw dropped and I scoffed. "I have a job, you know this right?"

"Yes," She confirmed, "And you went to college, which I'm very proud of you for."

"Mom, what did I even study in college?" I challenge her.

The thought for a moment, and when she couldn't come up with an answer she said, "It doesn't matter. All that matters is-"