Chapter 7

Julia woke up the next morning feeling overly excited. Stretching out her arms, she smiled to herself as she couldn't believe that she was now Craig's girlfriend. Just the thought of it made butterflies erupt in her stomach. She had spent the night in his arms like she had always fantasized about since day one. She felt comforted and at peace in his arms.

She inhaled deeply, taking in his scent from the t-shirt she had on, she didn't come with what to sleep in but only came with her underwear and change of clothes. Julia couldn't hide the smile that was plastered on her face because she did it on purpose knowing he'd offer her his t-shirt, she wanted the smell of his cologne to linger on her skin.

Julia got out of bed and went into the bathroom after realizing that Craig wasn't present in the room. She searched for a spare toothbrush to brush her teeth, luckily she found one in the bathroom, so she wrapped her hair in a messy bun so it wouldn't get in her way and brushed her teeth. After brushing, she washed her face before walking out of the bathroom and headed for the living room which she got to in no time, but didn't find him there.

Wondering where he must be, her nose was suddenly engulfed with the aroma of fresh coffee. She decided to follow the smell that was emitting from the kitchen. Standing at the entrance to the kitchen, she saw Craig with his back to her, he was busy on the stove making breakfast. Julia couldn't help but smile at the sight before her, she could see that he was making the breakfast with so much care so as not to make any mistakes, being aware of his disability.

Staring at him made her thoughts go back to the discussion they had last night. He told her about himself, stating that he was an only child just like her, but unlike her having both parents alive, he had lost his mom when he was still a child. Presently at twenty-nine, he only had his father, who he unfortunately didn't get along with. They never had that father and son bond because his dad thought his lifestyle wasn't a good image to present as his son and that if he continued living that way, it would end up disastrous, which unfortunately did happen.

Julia didn't want to go on thinking about it so she wouldn't start pitying him, he didn't need that. She needed to be strong for both of them even though she had issues of her own. Taking slow steps so as not to make any sound that would gain his attention, she wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him from behind.

"Good morning," she greeted with a smile, making Craig chuckle and reply,

"Good morning. Breakfast is almost ready." Julia peeked at what he made and saw that it was scrambled eggs.

"You made breakfast without me, now how am I supposed to know how to make these?" She whined. He turned around and said,

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you up but I promise, I'll teach you how to prepare these some other time."

"I'll forgive you just this time," she said wrapping her arms around his neck before locking her lips with his in a kiss.

He reciprocated her action, as his hands found their way to her small waist. Julia was lost in the kiss, she couldn't think of anything else besides his lips that were so sweet and gentle on hers and his hands that were sending tingles all over her body. They were brought out of their moment by the doorbell.

"I'll get it," she quickly offered, placing a chaste kiss on his lips before walking out of the kitchen to go get the door.

On reaching, she opened the door revealing Tyler.

"Hi," she chimed with a bright smile.

"Julia?!" He exclaimed in surprise.

"Come in," she said, gesturing for him to come in.