Chapter 20

It was a Wednesday afternoon, Julia had returned home during lunch break from the office so she could change into something less formal and more attractive. She wanted to go see Craig since she had nothing important to do at the office.

She wore a sexy black bandage low cut bodycon dress that revealed much of her cleavage. She re-touched her makeup and hair and wore more perfume.

She stared at herself in the mirror and had a smile of satisfaction, just then someone burst into her room without knocking

She stared at herself in the mirror and had a smile of satisfaction, just then someone burst into her room without knocking. She turned to see who it was and was faced with an angry looking Jeremy.

"Why the hell have you been ignoring my calls?!" He angrily yelled.

Julia stood there, shocked to see Jeremy in her room

"I was in the shower and had no idea you called" she managed to say, hoping to sound convincing with her lie.

"Don't give me that bullshit Julia. You've been doing that for weeks now. What the hell is wrong with you?!" He said, yelling the last part.

"I'm sorry, okay. I've been busy!" She yelled back

"Is that your excuse for avoiding me?" He asked through gritted teeth. Julia gave him no reply

"Why aren't you at the office?" He suddenly asked.

"I want to go see a friend"

"Is that what this is all about?" He questioned, gesturing at her dress.

"I don't understand what you mean?" She said, pretending not to understand what he was talking about.

"What kind of a friend are you going to see dressed like this!" He barked, making her flinch at his outburst.

Jeremy took slow and dangerous steps towards her making her take careful steps backward, he was glaring daggers at her, getting her really nervous. He finally got a hold on her.

"Are you cheating on me?" He asked in a low voice, but there was much venom in his question.

Julia was really scared because there was no one at home.

"You're hurting me" she said in a shaky voice as she was about to cry.

Jeremy didn't pay her any attention as he tightened his grip on her, making her yelp in pain.

"Tell me Julia, are you seeing someone else?!" He yelled in her face, shaking her violently

"Please, let me go" she pleaded already in tears.

"I'm sick of your bullshit Julia! We're going to consumate this relationship before marriage whether you like it or not" he bellowed, roughly pushing her on the bed making Julia gasp in pain.

She tried moving away from a scary looking Jeremy who was taking off his tie and unbuttoning his shirt.

"Jeremy, please don't hurt me. We're getting married in two weeks, don't do something foolish" she pleaded, hoping he'd listen to her pleas, but she was so wrong as he was now taking off his waist belt.