ad movere

it's never easy to walk away, let her go. it'll be alright.

"Fairy Academy. That's where we'll all be attending next fall." Ben says sternly to the council, just announcing his decision to step down for a while. Surprised, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather all turn to look at him.

"But, you're majesty, not all of you are magical beings." Flora says, respecting the still, King, he shakes his head, "Magic can be acquired if determined, am I correct?" He asks, seeing them nod accordingly, "Then, we'll attend there."

"Mal would've liked it there. We're just trying to live it out for her." Carlos says from his back, earning solemn looks from the other elders as Evie's expression drops. It's already been a month and they're all set to be in college in two weeks time.

"She would've. She had so much to learn and now, it's gone. She's gone." Evie whispers, trying her vey best not to break down in front of everyone as she remembers Mal, the way her eyes lit up the moment she knew she had magical abilities, the purr she would always let out when she's soaring to new heights as a dragon. The sparkle in her eyes when she makes Evie laugh whenever she does magic. Evie misses her.

Everyone could say that they miss her, that they want her back but you can combine all of those together and none of them would even match to how Evie, to how Jay and Carlos miss her.

She didn't just lose her girlfriend. She lost someone in her family. She lost someone who meant the world to her, and to that same person, she meant the world to them that she did absolutely everything just to steer her and their family away from any more harm.

"Very well then. We'd have it announced by tomorrow." Queen Elsa of Arendelle says, quietly approaching Evie and giving her a small smile, "I know that this might not help your pain but if you children need anywhere to go to, Arendelle is open for you." She smiles, patting their backs before leaving the room.

They all went silent for a while, just leaning on the walls, standing completely still, unable to comprehend that they are indeed moving on with their lives, that they're pushing forward. That everything, despite having drastic changes around the kingdom, everything was finally and actually back to normal. That they just had to deal with everything else.

The Auradon Prep's Tourney jersey may have shifted from blue and yellow to blue and purple but games would still go on. Graffiti may also become encouraged in honor of Mal but that doesn't mean she's back, does she?

They can go and put shrines of her but that doesn't bring her back. The world can go back, spinning normally like it usually did but it will never be the fucking same to them. They all had a reason to feel this way, to act like it's still a big deal after a month because this was Mal we're talking about.

"I-I gotta go. I don't think I haven't packed some of Mal's stuff yet." Evie excuses herself away, already out the door when Audrey tries to stop her, to tell her that she shouldn't torture herself like that.

"She's really taking it hard." Uma mumbles, sitting on the table with a blank expression on her face, "The last time I saw her eat with us was three days ago. Carlos and I would try to call her but she eats on her own. She doesn't go out of her room either." She explains, earning nods of understanding, knowing what room she was talking about.

Maybe it was a force of habit or anything because ever since her funeral, no one dared to say Mal's name. Not even when Evie's not around. It, it just felt wrong saying it. It felt wrong if it wasn't her, Jay or Carlos speaking her name.