memoriae (dos)

i miss everything we do, i'm half a heart without you. 

It's been three days. Three days and they barely even spoke to each other. Three days, everyone was restless, staying at the wake, never leaving, only coming home to change clothes.

Evie felt bad that she had put her walls up again, that she had to snap at every single person that even dared to try and talk to her, to try and console her.

She hated the fact that she had to push everyone away, that she had to act like everything was fine when deep inside she's struggling, she's barely holding on. She barely wants to live knowing that there's no reason for her to go on. Can't blame her, you just watched your girlfriend die right in front of you in an alternate timeline and she's still dead in your present one.

"Evie, are you ready?" Uma asks, knocking on the door of the blue haired princess' room. For the first time, you don't see the Villain Kids, heck, even the Auradon Kids wearing their signature color. They were wearing her color. Black and purple, black and green. It didn't matter because this was the last day they'll ever see her body, they'll ever see her face before she goes down, six feet under the ground.

Evie looks up from her vanity, meeting Uma's eyes, "You know the answer. Either way, I'm not ready. Letting her go or to go to her burial." She replies, her gaze shifting back to herself, a frown on her ruby red lips as Uma enters the room, closing the door behind her and standing beside Evie.

"Must be hard, huh?" She asks playfully, although, it was obvious, it hurts her too, her smile may be wide but her eyes were betraying her. Evie sighs, "You call it hard, I call it the end of the world. I nearly lost her, Uma. Then she came back. And then I lost her again." She replies, wiping the tears away immediately as she stands up, shaking everything off as she stares at Mal's jacket, draped across her chair, "You know, she'd throw a fit if she knew she wouldn't be buried in this jacket."

The pirate raises an eyebrow at the princess, staring at the leather jacket as she drapes it on her shoulder, "Then why won't you bury her with it?" She asks, head tilted to the side as Evie shakes her head, "And what? Lose the last remaining tie to her?" She retorts, facing Uma with such sadness that the pirate shakes her head, lowering her gaze guiltily, just now, she realized how bony Evie was. How her eyes were sunken and how she became a little pale. She began to stop taking care of herself. Mal wouldn't want that. Heck, no one in their family would ever want that.

They both leave the room, meeting with the rest of their friends in the living room, all sharing the same looks on their faces. Frowns, smiles of sadness, encouraging smiles, it was a mix and yet they're all directed to one person in the room; Evie.

She frowns at that, shaking her head and waving her hand, "You don't have to feel bad for me. Feel bad for M, she's the one who died. Not me." She chuckles dryly, leaving them alone and entering the limo waiting for them outside, Jane frowns, "Well, yeah. But a piece of her died with Mal." She mumbles, earning nods of agreement throughout the room.

They all pile outside, entering their own vehicles, some of them joining Evie. All headed to the cathedral, the one used for burials. Yeah, not the one for the coronation because no one dies at those events. Weddings? Sure. Coronations? Rarely.

No one spoke when they all sat down, Evie on the front row with Jay, Carlos and Hades, her family, the closest Mal ever got to having siblings. They were bound to say a final goodbye, yet, they weren't prepared, they shouldn't be prepared. It was hard, knowing Mal would go away for college was already hard on them, what more if it meant saying goodbye to her? Goodbye where you can't see her anymore?