amare

running in the raindrops, city is a graveyard, kissing at the train stop, we don't care if they watch.

The hissing of the wind was heard echoing around the hideout as everyone lies down on their beds, or what they treat as beds. Even the Sea Three planned to crash there, all tired from the day's events. Everyone was asleep with the exception of Mal and Evie, both looking outside from Evie's windowsill, their hearts beating together as they stared outside, watching the horrid view of the Isle at this time of the night, where people get killed, where thieves arise, and yet, to them, as they watched together, it seemed so beautiful.

The lights were covered in fog, the mist creating a mysterious yet enticing aura around the broken bricks and cracked walls of the buildings that surrounded them. The lights were far from pleasant, flickering streetlights as the ghost of the moon shone above them.

"People say the Isle suck, and I agree, more than a hundred percent, but, I can't help but say how beautiful tonight is." The fairy whispers, her voice nothing but a rasp as Evie stares up at her, smiling slightly and shaking her head, "It's as beautiful as it gets." She responds, Mal laughs lowly, "Yeah. And somehow, in this shitty ass place you still remain untouched. You're still the most beautiful princess."

Staring right back at Mal, Evie felt her lungs give in and like the oxygen was cut from her as the fairy gives her a dimpled smile, running her fingers through her dishevled hair. The princess sighs, shaking her head as an unexpected laugh bubble from her chest, "You're calling me beautiful? M, you're perfect."

The fairy stops, turning to Evie with a bowed head, not really used to taking compliments, not even from her own best friend. Said best friend chuckles, moving closer to her and taking her by the chin, "I remember, last time we sat here, we were still 'dating' just to get the paparazzi away. Things weren't said, weren't done, so, I'm doing it now." She whispers before pulling Mal closer to her, kissing her soundly.

Mal kisses back almost immediately, letting herself to crumble under Evie's touch as she leans closer, her heart doing most of her decisions as she kisses her harder, more intimate than any of the times they have kissed, rougher than any sweet kiss they shared.

It was as if everything was trapped inside that moment, everything froze, everything seemed perfect. Nothing was wrong and they were just two lovers, kissing under the moonlit sky as they plotted an escape from a place they used to call their homes.

Evie doesn't even realize that Mal had already pulled her on to her lap, she just kisses her like the girl was her final lifeline, they drown in each other, bask in each other's warmth, in each other's scent as they become the lovers they have always dreamed of when they were young.

Mal was the first to pull away, pecking her once, twice, before staring at Evie's glassy eyes, watching her chest heave as they just stare at each other. "You're magnificent, E. I'm so fucking lucky to have you." She whispers as Evie shakes her head, "No, I'm lucky to have you." 

They keep quiet once more, just admiring each other, watching every inch and memorizing every single dot on each other's faces as Mal holds her, standing up and letting Evie drop her legs gently as the other girl drags her away, taking their jackets and keeping silent as they passed by their friends.

The princess had no clue where they were going but she lets herself be taken by the purplette anywhere. The moment they step foot outside, Mal puts a finger up her lips, keeping Evie quiet as she removes the cardboard surrounding the items Evie was surprised to see.