mortisque timores

hold on, i still want you, come back, i still need you.

[p.s: listening to the song above is required for this chapter for the full experience hehe.]

"Well, well, well. I see you're trying to escape. Pity I wouldn't let that happen." The horrifying image of Maleficent stood among them as they grabbed the nearest weapon they could, yet, shaking in such fear that it seemed like their hands were likely to fall off. They were afraid, yet they tried their best to shield Mal.

The Mistress of All Evil could only snort and keep her eyes on the fairy before her. While others had handheld weapons of their own, ranging from wrenches, wooden planks to even swords and a revolver, Mal stood there alone, pulling Evie away from her and shielding her as she held nothing else but her ground, gnarling at her mother as her eyes glowed green.

"What do you think you're doing, you scum?" She asks, her voice cold and hard as her bony fingers extend, confidently about to grab Mal, knowing her daughter would obey to her every whim. Sure, before. But that's not this Mal. This Mal knew better than to obey her mother. This Mal had something more to fight for.

"Escaping the Isle, escaping you." She says courageously, shielding her friends and giving them a determined look, pushing them further back when her mother's henchemen moved even a bit. "You seem to be a little brave now, Mally. What happened to my daughter?" Maleficent sneers as she glares at her daughter, her other hand gripping the Dragon's Eye with such firmness that it nearly broke in half.

"Well, your daughter was always brave. Your daughter always knew what she wanted and right now, all she wants is to escape the Isle." She bites back, next thing she knew, a stinging pain erupts on her cheek, her mother had slapped her, she doesn't cry, she doesn't do anything but take ragged breaths.

She didn't try to attack her too because the next second, she was unconscious, and so was everyone else. Maleficent had them dragged by her henchmen, their bodies skidding down the roads of the Isle as people watch from their balconies, fear etched on their faces.

Grimhilde watches from a distance, about to pounce on Maleficent, about to do anything, everything she possibly could when she sees her daughter's limp body being dragged across the pavement when Gaston stops her, putting his hands on her shoulder as he shakes his head, "Don't strike now. We can't do anything if she knows our plan. We'll get them out." He whispers, taking her by the hand as they both ran to Lady Tremaine's Curl Up and Dye.

More villains crowded the salon, Dr. Facilier was there with his daughters, Lady Tremaine was also there with her granddaughter, Jafar was pacing back and forth, worried, Ursula was biting her nails as she wobbled on her legs, Captain Hook was sharpening his swords. Cruella was panicking in the corner as the two arrived, "She's taken them. We strike in half an hour. We'll get them off of the Isle."

Back inside Maleficent's hidden fortress, the kids were all put into shackles, chains, ropes. All sorts of bondage as they kneeled down in front of her, their mouths covered by rags as Maleficent cackles madly, the clattering of blades on the floor giving them shudders to run up their spines. "Knuckleheads, take everyone except the warrior and the old bat's mother." She says simply as they obliged, putting the other in cages, their shackles and gags removed as they all held on to the bars of their cells.

Both Chad and Carlos held on tight, struggling, doing anything they could, trying everything to get out. "Stop. You'll only hurt yourself." Ben says calmly yet his eyes were never leaving Maleficent's figure as she stalks around Jane's trembling body, Lonnie was nearly the same, if not for the brave face she was putting up. She had to be strong. She needed to be strong. She can't crumble under the evil fairy's gaze when her best friend needed her. When everyone else expects her to be strong.