Iɴᴛʀᴏ

At the time this is released, it will have been exactly three years since I published the first four chapters of An Offer to You. And while it doesn't actually seem like a really long time, I personally feel I have changed a lot, as a person and a writer. This isn't to say that I'm, like, sUpEr GoOd AnD a PrO aUtHoR now. I just think my style of writing, how I plan out my stories and whatnot has improved.

I've stated this multiple times: I don't really like AOTY. I'm happy that I was able to put it out in the world and satisfy my own personal cravings but I just don't like the story. It's total cringe and, given where I am now, I feel like I could've done so much better. Of course, when I first wrote that book I was 16 and had NO idea what I was doing. I had never been into writing and the subject of English as a whole (still not a big English fan tbh) so I was kinda just wingin' it. Keeping that in mind, I guess I am proud that the story didn't turn out to be a total fail. It certainly could've been way worse.

However, when I say I don't like the story it sounds pretty general, y'know? And about a week ago I was suddenly like "hey, I've got an idea! What if I read through my entire book and then write down my thoughts about each chapter?". It sounds like a weird idea but I thought it would be something new and potentially humorous. It also lets those of you who read this see a deeper side of me in a way. You get to know my personal thoughts and stuff, I don't know. And I don't think many people have done something like this on Wattpad, if any at all (if there are then DAMN, I'M NOT A CREATIVE GENIUS. But I've never seen any commentary books where the author critiques their old books so that's why I think this is new).

Basically each chapter of this will be based on a corresponding chapter in AOTY. And I mean ONLY the chapters, specials are not included.

(And while we're on the topic I'd like to clarify that specials ARE NOT part of the storyline and DO NOT follow the rules of the story. I've had so many comments on that freakin Christmas one like "JIMIN CAN'T TASTE THE HOT CHOCOLATE 🤨". DAMN GUYS! I KNOW BUT I'VE SAID THAT IN THE SPECIALS THOSE RULES ARE NULLIFIED SO STOP ATTACKING ME 👁👄👁)

I don't have an equal amount of hate for each chapter so some might be longer than others in terms of complaints. Some I'm completely okay with. Others I'm already dreading because I am NOT prepared to read that shit.

As a side note, imma be putting the date of when I wrote about each chapter. BECAUSE Y'ALL NEED TO KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN PLANNING THIS. ALSO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS BUT RIGHT NOW WE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CORONA MESS. As bad as this virus is, however, it did sort of inspire me to make this book since all I can do is sit around at home and do nothing (oh and it just might save my grades since 2 of my exams became online assignments and the other 2 became online exams 🤩).

Anyways, I hope that those of you who actually read this get a good laugh out of it or something. We can make fun of my dumbass 16-year-old self together 🥴

I love you all and have a lovely day~

♥︎

April 21, 2020