Part 12: Wheel of Fortune (Rev'd)

What goes up must come down. A turn for the worse, unexpected setbacks, misfortune, it will get worse before it gets better. What did I do to deserve this? Fickle finger of fate. Check astrological for insight into current run of bad luck.

Marlena wandered around the executive hangar in a silvery-white sleeveless pants suit and sandals, chatting in such a low-key, almost listless way before they left, Rahim admitted he'd never seen her 'so spacey' as they drove away. 

"Yeah, I confess being a significant factor on that," Eddie grinned widely. "Marlena called it 'getting your strange on' flying back, like a vaccination before your expected hoochies. 

"A guy I called 'Lucky Dick' when we worked in used cars, married Rachel, this pro beach volleyball star who beat May and Walsh in what everyone said was an epic championship match. They called her 'The Platinum Fury' for her hair, and Walsh said she thought she must've stolen stolen shit from her, because nobody else ever dominated her for two hours, like she were personally pissed at her.

"Anyway, wooo-hoo!  Being 6'2" was the ONLY thing Marlena didn't have going on over Texas. You kinda saw the outfit, right? I took care of the heat, but she almost tugged my ears off, y'know?" 

Rahim offered a quick fist bump.

"And the party?" he smiled confidently, pulling a joint from the center console and offering it to Eddie. "Gotta be stories to tell. Nuthin' but outrageous talent?"

"Beyond awesome. Montalco had five comediennes there to pump the rom-com angle, there was a get wet session with maybe 40 people in the pool. I obviously had to go in...

"Oh, here's what Marlena was wearing," he handed the screen shot of Marlena in her silver-blue, off-one shoulder outfit, showcasing killer abs and legs, she and Bridgette with 'hot stuff' fingers on their butts. "Next one is Kelcie and me."

Rahim almost rolled through a red light checking the photos out. "Yes MA'AM! That is Bootay Wildgood at her finest!" He inspected the picture with Montalco a little longer before handing Eddie's cell phone back. "Ms. Montalco still hits any Playmate of the Year standard I got."

"Bootay Wildgood? Did I hear you call her that before?"

"Jist a little thang I have with Marlena. The day she brought her car in to be checked out, we had a  talk about her being a Bond Woman to go with the ninja tacks, oil slick, and other shit about the car. I came up with that name."

"Car checked out? Where was I?"

"I dunno man. It was a while ago, before we actually started stealing shit for Silas." He shrugged, just beginning to wonder why Eddie still didn't know about her solo visit when his phone blazed. He ignored it for three rings before Eddie said, "C'mon, it's Sherise. I recognize the tune. Pick her up."

"Naw man, I'm busy wit' chu. She knows where I'm at."

"Hey, back-to-back cross country flights, what turned into a very late night post-party, and then satisfying that Platinum Fury deal, I'll take a couple extra hours of sleep without bad talking you about being a crappy MC.  

"If she wants some attention from the Big Man, The Nine aren't due for almost four hours. Just drop me at Reids on 7th Street and I'll take a little walk  to Grandview and crash."

"Naw man, I'm good."

"Bite me, Rahim. Everything is going so smooth, I want everyone as happy as Marlena and me, with more officially still coming. Tell her my wussy ass needed to crash so you're free.