Part 32: Queen of Pentacles

A sensible approach, good business sense. The good things in life, a card of material abundance and sensual delights. A good organizer, practical manager.

Phylomena Crockett-Davidson hung around the rehearsal area after Kelcie's practice version of 'Commitment' as the exit song, a semi-mandatory bourbon from Silas' stock in hand, her short-short, aquamarine dress with sparkling silver geometric shapes and spaghetti straps, accenting fabulous legs and well-tanned shoulders.

Of course the former Playmate of the Year had a great voice! she smiled into the glass. Marlena possessed all the luck in the world, so inserting her into the bridal party to replace Maxine, with great visuals for those wonderful pipes, had worked out perfectly.

Weddings were always a banquet for her, so checking the possibilities among Eddie's groomsmen and other early arrivals, his brother Pete was out of the running immediately - anyone could feel the heat between he and Montalco. Many of the other invitees would be married, or seen often socially. Several had admitted, and acted on, lust for her more than commitment in their hearts for others...

Sissy's wolf whistle, part perverse warning to all women who valued their men, more an unforgiving element of theater in their St. Benedicts relationship, was a call to order as she and Pitor moved away from a small group of socialites and headed her direction.

She answered with the weird, lonesome wail of a loon, a sound she'd often explained, "Because I can't do a reputable toucan," the stabbing analysis she'd laid on rising freshman Maxine vonSchaufflienberg years before. She'd kept using it long after the necessary rhinoplasty - plus a modest but effective boob job and summer of tanning - eventually turned her into a very desirable seventeen-year-old woman, not just Sissy, Pitor's twin sister.

She's also someone whose never forgotten being shown the lakeside gazebo at St. Benedict's where some of the girls practiced our kissing.

She swirled the last of her bourbon, tossed it down, shrugging at the memory of her shocked expression, and how Maxine delivered 95% of the freshman class to Marlena's victory as Class President for St. Benedicts 100th year celebrations.

Replacing myself. After three years.

Okay, and her discovering me servicing Pitor's extra-large schwantz during a Parents Weekend...And wild events at Marlena's 21st party...And for being around toooo soon after Marlena exited Pitor's life.

They split up, Sissy offering an owlish whoo-whooo towards Marlena as they both headed towards the Clinton gazebo at the end of two nearby fields, where perhaps twenty young men were practicing rugby drills and kicking.

Nothing to consider on any menus, until heyyyy, that very fit black gentleman swapping a pair of rehearsal pants for shorts and a jersey with one of them, must be the one Marlena suggested as worth her attention. Borrowing a pair of cleats, he ran a play from the back of - oh, what was it called? - a scrum down - squibbing a kick past several potential tacklers as example, and retrieving it.

Hanging with Eamonn, a fullback for the Irish National team, she'd learned more about rugby than just how admirable his middle leg was compared to his talented right one at game time...

Pitor stood a step below her, exactly the mixture of dejection-anger on his face she'd anticipated. Her contract would be a lock now, and everyone knew Phylo the Phabulous accepted challenges with payment up front. They didn't sit down.