24

It's the following day after Nikki left for the tour...saying goodbye was the hardest thing I had to do in a long time. Trying to sleep alone last night was the worst, not only was not able to sleep, but I had to go to work. Seeing as I maybe had two hours, I called work and told them I was feeling ill. After I got Ash off to school, me and Becca sat in the kitchen talking and catching up. When I told her about Nikki proposing she just looked at me in shock which was my same reaction.  "So I know you are kind of on the fence about the whole marriage thing, but are going to tell Nikki about Damon?", "I mean, I guess I'm going to have to, but I just don't think I'm ready to do that", "Well I understand I was there, but you should be honest with him, because I don't think he is planning on leaving any time soon.", "Yeah but I'll wait till he comes back when they have their break and talk to him. This is something I can't do over the phone.", Becca nodded and gave me a slight smile. She was there through the whole nightmare that was Damon. 

Nikki called every day, just to make sure we are okay and to talk to Ash. She gets so excited when the phone rings. I can tell she really misses her daddy, sometimes she cries after she gets off the phone with him, and it breaks my heart. I don't tell Nikki about it because I don't want him to get upset and sad. But once he is done and home I will tell him. 

Me and Ash are both really excited because Nikki is coming home in a week for a short break. I can't wait to hug and kiss him, I never thought I could miss someone as much as I do him. But knowing that I'm going to see him soon, is giving me ideas for maybe a little change up. Nothing to crazy but maybe a spa day or something. I haven't really felt very pretty since he has been gone, I haven't really done my makeup or anything. Maybe me and Becca can go this weekend. 

(Time jump)

Finally the day has arrived Nikki will be getting home anytime now, I told him to just come to my house first. I'm kind of nervous and excited at the same time, it feels like its been years when its only been a few months. I asked Nikki to come here because one I wanted to surprise Ash when she gets home, two I'm finally going to tell him everything and I think I need Becca for support. I began pacing back and forth, which Becca is ready to kill me, but I'm so anguish that I can't sit still, even if I tried. 

Finally I hear the bus........