thirteen

Narrator 

It had been a few weeks since the blow up with Nikki. He would call to talk to Ashley but he wasn't showing up, or even asking to show up. Rylynn wasn't sure why she was so upset with Nikki, I mean to a point he was right its not like they are dating or anything. But it hurt, her heart was broken. She knew she always had a thing for Nikki, a crush if you will, but she never let that get in the way when it came to Ash. Rylynn was so busy making sure Ash was okay with Nikki that she had put it on the shelf, but after everything came out and the things he said, it hurt. 

After Rylynn left home she stayed in contact with her siblings, once her mother found out she had the baby she was trying to get in contact with her. Rylynn refused to speak to her or her father. Even after she moved away her mother would call on occasion, but Rylynn would always keep the conversation short, it always ended the same, ' So are you going to tell me who the father is, was it that boy you were sneaking around with', Rylynn's answer was always the same, ' gotta go bye'. She swore to herself she would never tell. This phone call from her mother was different this time, she asked Rylynn to come visit she wanted to meet her grandchild. She was on the fence about it, she didn't want to go alone and didn't even know when she would be able to go. So she told her mother that she would think about it and get back to her. 

After weeks of no show, Nikki showed up after Rylynn got home from work. When she opened the door, Nikki had a bouquet of flowers for her. 'Listen I'm sorry for getting angry with you', Rylynn put her hand up to stop him, ' Its okay we just need to be more open if this', using her finger to wave between them, ' is going to work'. Nikki nodded in agreement. She opened the door more so he could come in to the house. As soon as Ash heard her dad call for her, she ran at him in full speed jumping up into his arms. He missed her no doubt about it.  He was also missing someone else, even if he didn't want to admit it to himself...not yet anyway. 

A/N....Hey guys just a little filer to keep things going...hope you all are enjoying reading it as I am writing it. Its a lot different from previous stories I have done so vote and comment I love reading them...loves to all !!