Chapter twenty-two

En başından başla

"Were you guys about to have sex or something?" Michael gave me a disproving look, as if he's a concerned mother. Calum cracked up a bit at that, receiving a glare from Michael.

Luke sassily retorted, "You could say that. Wanna watch?" Calum couldn't hold in his laughter as Luke bit his lip and winked at me, pulling his towel up as it slipped down a bit. My face burned as Michael grimaced,

"No thanks." I frowned at their awkward relationship-Michael said he was fine with Luke, but they still seemed a little uneasy and snappy with each other.

"Why are you guys even here? We were obviously in the middle of something." Luke raised his eyebrows at the two boys as I hit his chest in embarrassment.

"Luke." Michael crossed his arms, looking between us.

"You two need to get out. Like, out of this damn apartment. When's the last time you guys have gone anywhere?" I opened my mouth to say something, but Michael quickly added, "besides the library and therapy." I opened my mouth again, but Michael added again, "And the grocery store."

"Uh..." I trailed off as Luke slipped an arm around my waist,

"We don't need to go anywhere, we've got each other." Michael frowned, but Calum was hiding a smile.

"You guys are so cute," Calum gushed, smiling in embarrassment at his own words. Michael shook his head at the dark-haired boy, "I'm sorry, I had to say it." I felt myself blush again as I smiled at Calum, who seemed to have been feeling the tension between Luke and Michael and tried to lighten the mood.

"Basically, we're here to ask if you guys want to go out to, y'know, drink with us." Calum explained as Michael glared at Luke, who was pretending the red-haired boy wasn't there. How much more childish could they get?

"Do you wanna go?" Luke quietly asked me, brushing a piece of my hair back so it didn't fall into my eye.

"I'll go if you want to go," I replied just as quietly. In all honesty, partying and drinking wasn't my type of scene. Hell, going out in public wasn't my scene. I would prefer to sit at home and watch a Disney movie or something, but I'm a boring person.

Luke leaned down and kissed my nose, murmuring quietly so only I could hear him, "You have nothing to worry about, love. I'll stay with you the whole time," I smiled in appreciation as Luke turned to them and nodded, "We'll go." Calum cheered in excitement,

"Yay-!" Michael grumpily cut him off,

"You guys should get some clothes on first."

------------

My heart only just started speeding up when we were walking into the crowded bar, thousands of different smells hitting my nose at the same time. Sweat, strong alcohol, sex and...puke? I grimaced, tightening my grip on Luke's hand as he led me to the bar stools, away from the people dancing (more like grinding). The music was so loud it pulsed in my chest, as if I had a second heart beat.

Calum and Michael drifted off into the crowd somewhere once they walked inside.

"You okay?" Luke nudged his knee against mine as he waited for the girl behind the bar to finish getting someone else's drink.

"M'fine." My voice sounded weaker than I intended it to be, I didn't want Luke to think I was a baby and couldn't handle drinking.

I dazed off into space as Luke spoke to the bar tender. I honestly had no knowledge on alcohol, being a lame dork that reads all the time. I rested my head on the table, ignoring the annoyingly drunk guy to my right. The only thing that was keeping me sane was Luke's warm presence beside me.