Chapter twenty

^^I WORSHIP THAT PICTURE OK Ashton looks so tiny and he's just cuddling into Luke's cHEST THIS ISN'T OK

This is the fastest I've ever updated (which isn't even fast at all)so just incase u haven't, read the chapter before this!! wow and I'm crying because its already chapter twenty how

Oh and I hope I didn't scare any of you with my last update thing talking about the ending to the chapter..it won't be too bad I promise... *smirks* hehe (but seriously it won't be I can't torture you guys like that because I know what it's like to read a nice fanfic and then bAm someone dies wow)

------------------------------------------

"WooOoOo, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
But you know that I could crush you with my voice,

Stood on my roof and tried to see you forgetting about me
Hide the details I don't want to know a thing,

I hate the way you say my name like it's something secret
My pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on."

~ The Pros And Cons Of Breathing by Fall Out Boy

*********************************

Luke's POV

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I couldn't handle it I'm s-sorry-" Ashton sobbed over the phone, his breath hitching uncontrollably.

I stumbled into the car (Calum's car to be exact; I had no idea why he even trusted me with it) with a heavy heart. Did he really think I would be mad at him?

"Breathe, Ash," I instructed the boy gently as I pulled away from the parking lot of my apartment building. "I'm on my way, okay? Where are you?" His words were barely audible,

"T-the b-bridge-e,"

I nearly choked on my own spit (it wasn't a pleasant thing to have happen to you) and slammed on the brakes when I had to stop at a red light.

"Baby, what are you doing there? How did you even get there?" My heart was pounding as I felt a wave of déjà vu and nausea swirling in the pit of my stomach. It was the same bridge I met him at, I knew that was where he was referring to.

"I-I ran and she let me leave a-and I was upset so I'm here," Ashton's voice was still shaky from crying, making me hold back tears of my own.

I hit the gas pedal right when the light turned green, caring more about Ashton's welfare than the speed limit.

"God, Ashton, I'll be there soon, okay? Don't do anything, don't even fucking move. Promise me you won't," I took sloppy and desperate turns and pissed off other drivers, but I didn't give a shit.

"I-I promise," he muttered weakly as I almost slammed into the back of the car in front of me. Thankfully, I hit the brakes just in time, but I still felt my heart leap into my throat.

"Fuck," I cursed quietly, forgetting that Ashton could hear me.

"What? Are you okay?" Ashton sounded frantic.

"I'm fine, sweetheart, I'm just...driving a little bit too fast." I held my breath, realizing I shouldn't have been that honest with him.

"Lukey, I-I'll be fine," I heard his gentle voice over the phone. "Please slow down, I don't want you to get hurt," Ashton whimpered, making me wish I could get there faster.

Two more blocks to go.

I didn't let out the breath I was holding until the bridge came into my view. Thankfully, there didn't seem to be much traffic, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting in the way of other people and cars.