Chapter ten

WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK AMAZINGLY WRITTEN FANFICS MAKE MY CHEST HURT DAMMIT FUCKKKK I CANT

I seem to always start out with swearing and describing my feelings oops 😂 but yay update!!! :D I just wanted to say that u guys are amazing and ur comments are very motivating for me to continue with this story so thank u guys for being awesome :3
---------------------------------------------

"When salted tears won't dry
I'll wipe my shirtsleeves
Under your eyes

These hearts will be flooded tonight
I'll wipe my shirtsleeves
Under your eyes
Your eyes."

~ Shirtsleeves by Ed Sheeran (aka Ginger Jesus)

**********************************

Luke's POV

I woke up alone.

Ashton stayed the night again yesterday, so I expected to feel the warmth of his body cuddled up to mine.

I shot up from my bed, anxiety creeping up on me. What if something bad happened to him?

A small part of me thought I was being irrational and overprotective, but there were so many factors of Ashton's life that could hurt him if I wasn't there to stop it.

Shaking off my sleepiness, I began to search around the apartment to see if Ashton was still here. I checked the bathroom, the kitchen, and I was about to give up until I saw a note on the couch.

I was intrigued and very, very desperate so I didn't hesitate as I snatched the piece of paper, knowing it was probably from Ashton.

Dear Luke,

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably back home. I'm going to attempt to gather my things when my uncle isn't around after work. I hope I didn't scare you by not staying until you woke up-

I paused, my heart skipping a beat because Ashton will never, ever know how much he fucking scared me, and the fact that I have put so much of my emotions into one person is so fucking scary.

-but I didn't want to wake you because you looked really peaceful and I didn't want to ruin that. Sorry.

Love,

Ashton xx

A smile fought its way onto my earlier frown at how Ashton was even adorable through his writing, and everything about him drove me absolutely crazy and I knew I was disgustingly in love with him.

Before I could put the note down, I flipped it over and saw he wrote his phone number on the back.

I quickly reached for my phone from where it sat on a table, checking the time and seeing I had an hour until I had to go to work.

But then I noticed I had received multiple texts and missed calls from a random number. My phone must've been on vibrate.

Oh, fuck.

My stomach squeezed in on itself as I realized the random number was Ashton.

In a frenzy of shaky hands and rapid heart beats, I made Ashton a contact and immediately called him, just praying to god that he was okay, I was so damn worried and my breaths were quickening every second he didn't pick up the phone.

I nearly collapsed when the call went to his voice mail, but I tried again and called him, and I was so distracted by how loud my heart was thumping that I hadn't realized that the ringing stopped and-