Chapter twelve

SwAg mOnEy FuCk biTcHeS

What is wrong with me??^^^

school is starting for me in like two days and I don't have any friends in my lunch period and I'm gonNA SIT ALONE LIKE A LOSER AND CRY I CANT but I guess I'll have to deal with it...I apologize in advance if this chapter sucks bye
------------------------------------------

"Rise from the dead you say?
Secrets don't sleep 'til they're took to the grave

Signal the sirens, rally the troops
Ladies and gentlemen,
It's the moment of truth."

~ Shadow Moses by Bring Me The Horizon

*************************************

Ashton's POV

"And then I said, 'bitch wha-"

I was in the middle of putting returned books away, listening to Michael ramble on about his encounter with some rude girl at Game Stop, until he abruptly stopped.

"Why'd you sto- Michael?" I looked all around me, but Michael seemed to have disappeared. He's so weird sometimes. Well, more like all the time.

I just decided to continue rearranging books (apparently people were too lazy to put them back in the right spot) I checked around again for any signs of my friend, only to have my heart stutter to a stop, but then suddenly hammer loudly in my chest.

Piercing blue eyes, a lip ring and a blonde quiff with a vulnerable yet cheeky smile playing on his lips, skin tight black skinny jeans painted his luxuriously long legs and I knew I was done for. And that's exactly why Michael ran away from me, he saw Luke walk through the door.

Our eyes met like they always did and he just smiled that smile he always saved for me, fond and sweet and heart melting and I still had no idea why someone like Luke even gave me a second glance.

I wasn't rich or famous, or smart-

Definitely not attractive, not enough to even begin to compare to Luke-

It's not like I was funny, or charming or fun to be around, yet Luke was here for me, he chose to spend his time with me and I will never understand why.

"Hey, Ash!" Luke surprised me by wrapping his arms around me from behind and resting his chin on the top of my head.

The sudden warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach from Luke made me almost drop the book I was holding.

"H-hello Luke." I was so much more awkward and shy and just insecure in public, even though no one was even looking at us. Luke seemed to notice, since he pressed a reassuring kiss to my temple and squeezed my hip gently before unwrapping his arms from me.

And I smiled a genuine smile because I was so damn grateful for Luke, and I hope he knew how much I appreciated him.

"Michael was just here, but I have no idea where he is now." I weakly attempted at a conversation. Fuck, this was so much easier when we were just at his apartment, simply being around each other and doing nothing.

"Hm, the green haired guy? Y'know...Calum is really sorry for what he did. I can actually see how much he regrets it and I don't know, I just thought I should tell you." Luke shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, actually his hair isn't green anymore...but um, I guess I'll mention that to him. Like, what you said about Calum I mean." I turned my head a bit from where I had my back to him, tracing my finger along the spines of the books to find exactly where the book I was holding was supposed to go.

I could see him smiling at me, well, it was closer to a smirk honestly. I felt my cheeks turn warm and rosy as I could feel Luke continue to stare at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I meant to sound more teasing so he would get embarrassed, but my voice came out small and stupidly shy and I was cursing at myself for being so-

"Because you're beautiful." Luke winked, biting his lip and oh

Fuck. He knew what he did to me because the damn reference to that damn book and dammit why did I ever let him read The Fault in Our Stars?

I failed miserably at responding, and I probably looked like a fish above water gasping and flopping around pathetically.

"S-shut up, you're not Augustus Waters." I managed to choke out, getting lost in Luke's dazzling blue eyes, and I began to remember the time when my family was functional and we went to the beach and the water was the same color as Luke's, only his were much more breathtaking.

Luke just laughed, his nose scrunching up in an adorably cute way.

But his eyes caught mine soon after because I had been staring at him intently while he was laughing and I blushed but I couldn't look away and Luke licked his lips ever so slowly and my breath caught in my throat as he shifted closer to me and his warmth and happiness seeped into my bones, melting the cold and the sadness and I almost tripped over my own feet and I-

Luke ran his thumb over my cheek, silencing my thought process as he smiled gently and our lips were so close.

"Hey, you know The Fault in Our Stars has a movie, right?" I blinked twice, thinking he was about to kiss me. Dammit, Luke has done this way too many times to me. He leads me on and then just brings up something random. But it was Luke, so I didn't really mind.

I nodded, "Yeah, who doesn't know that?" Luke just brushed off my slight sarcasm and his gaze traveled away from me, and then back again.

"Have you seen it?" I shook my head sadly.

"No...I never had the time." I shrugged, frowning slightly. I always wanted to see that movie.

"I haven't seen it either and I was hoping...you'd maybe come over to my house and watch it with me? I saw they were selling the DVD at some grocery store and I thought of you so I bought it, I mean you don't have to watch it with me-" I put my finger to his lips, shushing his rambling.

"Of course I'll watch it with you, idiot." I giggled at Luke's embarrassingly relieved expression.

"Okay, okay yeah. Um, do you wanna come over tonight then? I'll come and get you from wherever you are if you want." I nodded, pushing up my glasses and biting back a smile at Luke's sudden shyness. Did he really think I'd say no?

Luke's eyes sparkled with a mixture of content and joy, and he suddenly tapped his lips expectantly. Once I realized he was asking for a kiss, I shook my head and crossed my arms stubbornly.

"You're gonna have to wait until tonight, sorry Lukey." It was satisfying to the be the one not getting teased for once, since Luke looked devastated as he pouted at me.

"Fine. I can kiss you as much as I want later, right?" I blushed, nodding yes and Luke silently cheered. "Okay, see you tonight Ashy!" Luke waggled his eyebrows and blew me a kiss as he left the library, finally leaving me alone to get back to actually getting things done.

And I was really, really looking forward to all those kisses and watching a movie with Luke.
---------------------------------------------

(I KNOW TFIOS ISNT ACTUALLY OUT ON DVD YET BUT THIS A FANFIC OK)

And oops kinda a cliff hanger hah I'm looking forward to writing the next chapter yayyy

ALSO CALUM NUDES OOO YES but seriously I hope he's ok I mean he seemed pretty calm about it but he could just be doing that to reassure us?? Idk I just hope he's alright :/ ~Hannah