Chapter five

Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while :( but I'm back yay! And I'm sad because I cant preorder the 5sos album because my mom won't but me an itunes card :((
---------------------------------------------

"So tell me how does it feel,
How does it feel to be like you?

I think your mouth should be quiet
'Cause it never tells the truth now,

So tell me, so tell me why,
Why does it have to be this way?
Why can't things ever change?"

~ Scene five- With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear by Sleeping with Sirens

************************************

Luke's POV

The incessant blaring of my alarm clock snapped me out of my deep sleep. I rolled over and squinted my eyes at the red numbers on the clock. It was 7:00 AM? I groaned; I suddenly remembered Calum told me I could start working tomorrow. Which is today.

With that in mind, I shot out of bed and hurriedly got ready. I had to be there by 8, and I had to walk a few blocks to get to the record shop. Although I never cared if I was late during high school, this was different. I screw this up and eventually everything will be taken from me.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I slipped my shoes on and ran for the door. My thoughts have been oddly mature lately.

*********

I briskly half walked and half jogged on the sidewalk, shivering a bit at the chill of the wind. I was lucky I remembered how to get to the place, I realized, since I practically stumbled in there yesterday and I had no idea where I was going.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open, this time remembering to lower my head so I didn't hit it on the door frame. Being tall was a bit of a hassle sometimes.

The sound of the chime the door made when I opened it startled Calum a little, making him stop what he was writing while sitting on the front counter. He slid off of it and smiled once he saw it was me.

"Hey, Luke! I didn't think you'd be here... Y'know, on time." I pretended to be hurt by his comment.

"What? Do I look the type of person to be late?" He bit his lip, obviously taking my comment a little too seriously.

"Erm, yes?" I scoffed, and I had to use all of my will power not to smile. Calum tried to explain himself, "Your lip ring makes you look a bit... Rebellious?" The fact that Calum said that made me laugh.

"That's exactly what I was going for." Calum and I talked for a while until he realized I was supposed to be doing something.

He went through the "employee only" door and came out with a box full of CDs and records, which held bands I liked and would probably sell my soul to see in concert, like Green Day and All Time Low.

Calum mumbled something about me having to put the CDs out, and went back to writing what ever he was writing before I came in. I shrugged and went to work, although it wasn't really work to me. Anything to do with music was fun.

After about thirty minutes of the sound of Calum's pencil scratching the paper he was writing on and me shuffling all throughout the relatively small store trying to find a place to put certain albums, Calum set his pencil and paper down, catching my attention.

"I have to return a book to the library that's probably extremely overdue by now." He chuckled and I would've laughed in any normal situation because of how random Calum could be, but all I could think was that Ashton was at the library. He looked like he was about to get up, so I blurted out,